View Single Post

Old 10-06-2010, 07:53 PM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwarner View Post
You are correct - I didn't take much notice of the Nokia 5228, and I doubt many of the people who frequent this site did either. I would imagine most people interested enough in mobile phones to visit a site dedicated to them are in the market for mid to high end devices.

My point is that while it may be interesting to the AAS staff, who have a particular interest in Symbian across the board, most visitors will not care two hoots for the low end devices and articles such as these will not easily change our minds!
The audience for this site is probably more diverse that most people realise. There's a significant industry (and some consumers) who want a broad over view, which is why we cover this stuff. Evidently we spend more time on the higher end devices - and there's good reasons for that - as you suggest.

The broad nature of the audience is one of the things we need to address going forwards in terms if giving people quicker access to the information they are most interested in too.

Oh and if we talk about commenters - they're a sub-sub group! And they can probably be segmented too (hello al the Mr. Unregistereds).

To give an example... The 5228 story was popular yesterday and earlier 5230 coverage surprised me - getting more traffic and attention than I ever expected (just shows what I know ).

And sometimes its the stories you least expect end up getting more attention / comments / engagement etc etc.