View Single Post

Old 30-07-2009, 04:37 PM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by celios View Post
This makes me very sad. Why is everyone in the Symbian world wanting to use phone memory only all of a sudden? What is the point of 32Gb of flash drive if you can only install half the apps to the phone's (extremely) precious memory.
The necessity to install to the C: drive is a technical limitation when upgrading ROM applications (you'll note the same behaviour on some Nokia applications too - e.g. Nokia Maps). So this isn't Quickoffice's (or any other developer's) desire to fill up your C: drive.

Incidentally there wont be two copies on C:, so you wont be able to find anything to delete. As I allude to above the original copy is on the ROM drive (Z. The Quickoffice install is quite big (not surprising when you think about what it is doing).. I think the sis file is 4 MB ish - the install size is generally around 50% again (varies a lot though from app to app).

Unfortunate, but hopefully this is something that Nokia / Symbian Foundation can fix for future platform releases. Also, hopefully, a firmware update will help as the most recent versions of the C: hungry applications (N-Gage, Maps, Quickoffice etc.) should end up on the ROM drive.

Rafe