View Single Post

Old 22-03-2010, 06:03 PM

Dazzy is on a distinguished road
I agree somewhat on the interface and might source something else, looked at handy shell, but I don't think it fully supports the Vivaz as top icons (battery, signal indicators etc) don't show. However with with a bit if playing you can stop the default interface coming up at all.

However Shell seems to use alot of ram and can cause the camera to crash if running, it would be good to see SPB bring their mobile shell to Symbian, but don't know if that will ever happen as the Windows version seems to be very polished. And like you said I do like the bottom half of the default theme with media controls.

Three replaced the PlayNow elements with links to their own music store etc and I am not sure if this is easier to navigate that Playnow either.

On the Symbian Apps front I have found alot in the last few days, Pocketgear seems to have most, if they did a free mobile app for the store it might help in this area. (maybe they already have and I just haven't seen it).

The twitter app I knew before I got the phone was gonna be useless hence installing Gravity and I have turned the default one off, maybe a developer will come up with a much better option sometime in the future, who knows.

I agree with the find function too but this is my first SE phone for quite a number of years (T29), been through Nokia, Samsung and LG since. I have used the Ipod touch for years so I am familiar with this trait but it would be nice to see one in a future firmware upgrade. And when using a good set of earphones and the equaliser I don't notice much difference between the Vivaz and Ipod touch for sound quality so hat comes of to SE here. (or maybe I am tone death lol)

I am holding off buying anymore apps for now to see what pans out in the coming months. And besides I cant find a weather app which covers my hometown lol (apart from a tracker app)

On another note I do like the pc software suite, it's alot better than ones I have used before. (Even despite Vista messing the drivers up and having to reinstall).

This is the first phone in years to catch my eye and the interface short comings will not deter me from using it any less. I bought it purely on it's design and the Video element. I like a phone to look like a phone and not a mini computer and it has to be a sensible weight as well. The N900 interested me till I got to hold one.

I am fast becoming accustom to the interface and symbian as a whole and looking forward to see what else SE brings to this phone.