View Single Post

Old 03-01-2011, 11:09 PM

doross4u is on a distinguished road
Mobile security suite needed

Hello everybody and a Happy New Year!

I have a Samsung I8910 HD mobile phone. It is a smartphone with a Symbian S60 v9.4 operating system.

My cell phone is an invaluable tool of my everyday activities and contains lots of very important, highly sensitive, confidential data. I also use it very often to carry out various financial transactions online.

As it connects to the Internet, and although the risk of a Symbian phone being exposed to the various dangers of the Internet is very small, to be on the safe side and ensure my peace of mind, I have decided to install a mobile security suite which will provide protection against viruses and other malware, external hacking attacks through a firewall as well as spam SMS messages and unwanted telephone calls. The same mobile security suite should also have an anti-theft software component which should enable me to remotely lock the phone, erase sensitive data and locate it through GPS on Google maps in case it is lost or stolen and even have, if it would also be possible, a parental control component.

Do you know any such comprehensive mobile Internet security suites which can properly run on my Samsung I8910 HD cell phone and if yes, which do you think would be the best in your own personal opinion.

Thank you very much for your attention and I would greatly appreciate a reply.