View Single Post

Old 13-06-2008, 09:48 PM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
sblue - Great list - I agree with pretty much everything on there. The navi-wheel bother me less because I only really use it on longer lists. The sensitvity is getting tweaked in the first firmware, maybe they'll add some extra locations it works in too.

Transitions - I'd recommend turning them off myself

Its not just you on the browser, it seem fast rendering to me too. And yes marking items in photos - especially as the old # stuff works fine in other apps. Photos is an improvement over gallery, but there are quite a few annoyances (e.g. same as you mentioned on screen orientation but when adding tags).

With regards to VoIP - yes I noticed this too (after some pointed it out to me) - I've actually added a short paragraph to the review about this (thanks for giving me the reminder). The problem is the removal of the Internet Telephone application which most VoIP service built there offerings on (or could be used with most generic service if set up properly).

I agree its not good at all that it has been removed and will be trying to find out more. It particularly bad to remove it from unbranded phones. There are some suggestions that it will get added back in FP2 later, but whether firmware updates for the N78 is provided is open to debate. See this post on FN for more.

p.s. we dont have any secret contacts (honest!), but we will see what we can learn through the usual channels