View Single Post

Old 04-12-2006, 10:11 AM

Ratkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash
Maybe not, but its a simple process and only takes a couple minutes,

I didnt try without changing the product code, I thought its best to be safe than sorry as I read that you have to change the product code somewhere, and some people like the product code to be correct for their phone and the N80i.

I am not sure and may be corrected here, but it may have something to do with the languages that are installed in your phone..

You do not need to change the product code with NSS prior to flashing with Pheonix, the product code will be changed automatically by Pheonix dependant on the firmware you choose.

The idea of changing the product code using NSS was to allow people to upgrade their 'branded' phones to a 'non branded' firmware using the official Nokia Update Service (NSU). For example if you had a Vodafone N80 and connected it to the NSU you would be told there were no updates, once you had changed the product code using NSS it was then possible to update to the latest firmware using NSU

Cost Effective Web Design Nximedia