All About Symbian Forums

All About Symbian Forums (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nokia N71, Nokia N73 and Nokia N75 (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Video file conversion for Nokia N73 (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49536)

azzy 05-08-2006 09:30 AM

Video file conversion for Nokia N73

Hi All.

I am using a video converter program called xilsoft video converter, but problem is when i covert the files to mp4 and try to play the file on my nokia n73 it says that the file is not supported even though the realplayer in the phone supports the mp4 format i believe. anyone know any other program that will work after conversation. Thanks

N/A 05-08-2006 03:15 PM

Make sure you choose a display resolution and audio codec supported by the phone. http://forum.nokia.com/video

carlbulman 14-08-2006 02:22 AM

Iv had my n73 a few days now and have been experimenting with different software to get high quality mp4 or even 3gp videos on my device. I just tonight came across a program called WinAVI iPod/PSP/3GP/MP4 Video Converter 3.1 you can download it from here. I havent been able to get the mp4 to work, this is due to my computer crashing always, (problems lol) but having used the 3gp encoder have gotten very high quality video results.

Try these settings I think you will be amazed how it looks.

From the main screen click the 3gp button,
select your video file you would like to convert (also supports vob files,
after you click open click the advanced button,
set video size to: 320 x 240,
set video bit rate to: 384000,
now click the encode tab,
make sure adjust to height and adjust to witch are unchecked (unless you wanna alter the aspect),
next if you dont want the letterbox effect of your videos (only wastes space and videos look ok without them), check the 4:3 circle in the source aspect section.
now click ok to close this window, then ok ok the next window to begin encoding.

The results are amazing, hope this helps.

evanstar 15-08-2006 03:54 AM

hey, azzy . does it work if u convert files to 3gp with ur xilisoft. maybe N/A is right. u'd better chose paras...

Tompo007 23-08-2006 02:09 PM

problems after conversion

After downloading the Xilisoft software, and converting the video files I have to either MP4 or 3GPP, the image appears on my N73, but it says Unable to play media clip?
I have checked on the nokia website link showing the bitrates etc...for the N73 and changed these before converting, anyone have any more ideas as to why it doesn't work?
Cheers,

naplabar 23-08-2006 06:17 PM

no idea about your problem.
. as a user, you may ask supportors of xilisoft.

nj7 23-08-2006 10:38 PM

I read a lot of good references about SUPER. I already have it, but confess, no experince yet!

evanstar 24-08-2006 05:21 PM

i have choose xilisoft caz its easy to use and really user-friendly.

i read some introductions about SUPER. its also a powerful tool.

MickH1 26-08-2006 06:27 PM

I used to get an error when converting .avi files to .3gp in Super. A quick browse of the help and all is ok now. You have to enable the "Use Directshow" feature of Super. Works flawlessly now ;)

evanstar 28-08-2006 06:06 PM

Maybe your phone requires different settings with what xili offered, which can work for most of phones. u may e-mail to the support team of xili.

forkart 06-09-2006 01:30 PM

I use yasa 3gp video converter to convert video to 3gp video. It works great.
http://www.yasasoft.com/3gpvideoconverter/

nj7 06-09-2006 02:42 PM

And I try SUPER, and can now confirm, is great. The final movie is of good quality.

mark22 07-09-2006 12:42 AM

What I use in Super, looks good!

15 fps for h.264 at 384kbs

go to H.264 profile and choose Baseline & 1.2

Use 44100 128KBs audio

Check stretch it to make widescreen fit full 320 x 240 screen

Watch in real player as it works great, no need for other software.:icon14:

Malcolm4000 12-09-2006 12:54 PM

Super is...Super

I would echo the use of SUPER. Its really comprehensive and works a treat (although the user interface can be a little confusing,but stick with it)

M

Padfoot 09-11-2006 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlbulman
Iv had my n73 a few days now and have been experimenting with different software to get high quality mp4 or even 3gp videos on my device. I just tonight came across a program called WinAVI iPod/PSP/3GP/MP4 Video Converter 3.1 you can download it from here. I havent been able to get the mp4 to work, this is due to my computer crashing always, (problems lol) but having used the 3gp encoder have gotten very high quality video results.

Try these settings I think you will be amazed how it looks.

From the main screen click the 3gp button,
select your video file you would like to convert (also supports vob files,
after you click open click the advanced button,
set video size to: 320 x 240,
set video bit rate to: 384000,
now click the encode tab,
make sure adjust to height and adjust to witch are unchecked (unless you wanna alter the aspect),
next if you dont want the letterbox effect of your videos (only wastes space and videos look ok without them), check the 4:3 circle in the source aspect section.
now click ok to close this window, then ok ok the next window to begin encoding.

The results are amazing, hope this helps.

I'm using the programm you advised, but those settings aren;t getting me anywhere.

I did get it to work though I than tried converting to 3gp and it works.
I can now use the realplayer on my phone :P

edit: the program discribed above is shareware and leaves an imprint in your movie, I found a better program for it later on: Acala 3GP, just search for it on google, you can't miss it ;)

good luck!