All About Symbian Forums

All About Symbian Forums (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nokia 3650, 3660, and 3620 (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   mmc locked (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15318)

11-08-2003 03:01 PM

mmc locked

By mistake I locked my mmc card! Is there any way to unlock it?

thank you in advance
:o

mekeni2000 12-08-2003 08:50 AM

Re: mmc locked

Quote:

Originally Posted by apaftoulhs
By mistake I locked my mmc card! Is there any way to unlock it?

thank you in advance
:o

You may need to format the card.

19-08-2003 12:24 AM

didn't work :(

geekygreek 20-08-2003 11:42 PM

RE: mmc locked

I had this problem too with nobody giving me any answers and came to the almost of buying a new mmc. There is a solution thanks to geekygreek :)

Install any file manager program of any kind and locate the file mmcstore in C:\system\ .

Its structure is something like this :

.16M ..!..G.a

------------- END ------------

In this case "a" at the end is your password. Thats it basicly. No need for more.

sdf 21-08-2003 08:00 PM

Thank's geekygreek a freind has the same problem ill try it today :D

sdf 22-08-2003 07:10 AM

Worked perfectly thanks

11-09-2003 10:00 PM

Not sure I understand

I think I have the same problem, but I can't figure it out. I installed FExplorer to my phone memory, but I don't see any file under c:\system\ with the name you gave.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

dedbol 12-09-2003 03:30 AM

Re: RE: mmc locked

Quote:

Originally Posted by geekygreek
I had this problem too with nobody giving me any answers and came to the almost of buying a new mmc. There is a solution thanks to geekygreek :)

Install any file manager program of any kind and locate the file mmcstore in C:\system\ .

.16M ..!..G.a

In this case "a" at the end is your password. Thats it basicly. No need for more.

I have an efilemanager but cannot seem to find the mmcstore geeky is talking about. Geeky what filemanager do you use?

sdf 12-09-2003 04:08 AM

i used FExplorer from http://users.skynet.be/domi/fexplorer.htm found the file clicked options-file-editor (viewer) and the password was there!

geekygreek 12-09-2003 09:04 AM

depends on version too

I believe it depends on version too because I got my phone back yesterday and it was flashed to 3.16 fresh , and there is no mmcstore , and a lot of things are different concerning the memory management. The trick with the mmcstore file work edon my ver 2.50

swing 12-09-2003 11:08 AM

Re: depends on version too

Quote:

I believe it depends on version too because I got my phone back yesterday and it was flashed to 3.16 fresh , and there is no mmcstore , and a lot of things are different concerning the memory management. The trick with the mmcstore file work edon my ver 2.50

That's interesting - my 3650 has been upgraded to 3.16, and the MMC that came with the phone, and which worked fine beforehand is now listed as locked, and I have no idea what the code is (and there's no mmcstore file either)

However, I can't format the card (as it's locked :) and my memory card reader seems to take exception to MMC cards :(

Any ideas of what to do, short of buying a new memory card?

Steve

guest(nad) 29-07-2004 06:28 PM

Problem with me toooooo

Any one here can help me plzzzz i have same problem. i have formatted my nokia 3650 v4.13 and after that my mmc require password and i have never use any password on mmc. plz tell me how to break the password of my mmc.
that mmcstore file is not there in file manager. plz give me the solution. i will be grateful.
thanx in advance

m.onur giray 29-07-2004 10:48 PM

unlock mmc

OPEN SELEQ OR HANDY FILE OR FEXPLORER.

go to:z\system\apps\unlockMMC>>

>>run "unlockMMC.app" and type any number do you want.(i typed 123)

My name is M.ONUR GiRAY
- TURKISH POWER -

Unr 30-07-2004 04:20 PM

noooooo

that doesnt work that demands original password

lost person 17-08-2004 02:56 PM

mmc password

my mmc is locked too. i have fexplorer but i cant find mmcstore, is there any other way? plz help

elsonlee 29-08-2004 02:52 PM

mmc locked... same problem anyone pls help.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by lost person
my mmc is locked too. i have fexplorer but i cant find mmcstore, is there any other way? plz help

jive 02-09-2004 01:18 AM

Quote:

.16M ..!..G.a

what do u mean by dat, can u explain well so i will no what to do cos i find the mmcstore. but don't know what to do

jive 02-09-2004 01:39 AM

my fone came back with V 4.03

jive 02-09-2004 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdf
i used FExplorer from http://users.skynet.be/domi/fexplorer.htm found the file clicked options-file-editor (viewer) and the password was there!

now i think my problem is different. cos from the start i know the password. but my mmc is not taking it. ok i use file explorer and i did the file editor thing, my password is still the same as the on i know. i try putting it in it still tell me password incorrect. this thing is driving me crazy.

metoo 28-10-2004 12:00 PM

I have a 6600 (ver3.42.1) and the mmc card is locked. I have used FExplorer and SeleQ, to find the MMCSTORE fiel, but it cannot be found. Is there another way to unlock the card.
Thanks

baijunj 29-10-2004 11:34 AM

i read somewhere In nokia 3650 mmcstore file located in c:/system/mmcstore.
For unlocking MMC copy the mmcstore file to PC using any PC file manager or nokia PC Suite.
this mmcstore file can easily open in notepad or wordpad. there you will get the password which has already stored. i hope it should work.try your own risk.

B.

NKTUAN 03-11-2004 04:20 AM

Plz help me !!! My MMC's lock too !!

I can't find mmcstore and my unlockmmc.app didn't work !!! Plz help me

N/A 03-11-2004 05:34 AM

What do you mean with "can't find mmcstore"? Where did you look (what application did you use to try to find it)? Or have you deleted it or reformatted your phone (which deletes it, too)?

If it (the mmcstore file) has been deleted, there is no way to recover the password, if you have forgotten it (or don't know if for some other reason).

If you have valuable information on the card that you absolutely have to get back, and you want to pay for its recovery, then try a data recovery company such as http://www.ibas.com/

Note that with the amount of money you have to pay for such a service, you will probably be able to buy many, many new memory cards instead (and I don't believe they give any guarantees that they actually will be able recover anything, which means you'll still pay, but might not get anything back).

ripplefactor 03-11-2004 06:33 AM

All Said And Done.. :(

Guys...!!
My MMC card is locked and cannot be accessed. I had put a password (47579900) on the card. Then once when I was using the card on my friends 6600 it asked for password. I entered the password and then went to card menu and removed the password. After which I put the card back on my N-Gage QD. Everything worked fine until I bought an MMC writer and tried accessing the card but no go. So I tried putting the card on my phone and saw that there was the password still present. While trying to put the old password ..my MMC got locked. That was it... :(

(1) Tried copying MMCSTORE and renaming it into txt in my comp. This is what I get.
, AF MMC # 7 4 7 5 7 9 9 0 0
This shows that my password is still the old one. But doesnt accept this.

(2) Tried accessing the file UnlockMMC.app and running it with FExplorer but does not seem to do anything. The screen just flashes for a sec and comes back.

Now I've read this whole chain of questions and answers is there anything else from these... plz help.

sumeetpareek 06-11-2004 01:08 PM

MMC LOCKED!!!! Plz help me to unlock it

After Factory reset my nokia 3660 MMC got locked. i tried fexplorer but i didnt get solution. if u kno the solution plz mail me at sumeet_pareek@rediffmail.com or sumit4love@yahoo.co.in
I'll b very glad
Thank you

bikerdude 04-12-2004 10:56 PM

aaarrrggghh

what if like me you dont have a symbian phone...!!!!!! for F...s sake. I have a 6230 and a pc card reader how can I unlock/format the f....ing mmc card..

Quote:

Originally Posted by sumeetpareek
After Factory reset my nokia 3660 MMC got locked. i tried fexplorer but i didnt get solution. if u kno the solution plz mail me at sumeet_pareek@rediffmail.com or sumit4love@yahoo.co.in
I'll b very glad
Thank you

TJ2005 18-12-2004 05:12 PM

Help Please!

I seem to have the same problem, only thing is, i deleted the MMCstore file, now when i put the mmc in the phone, it asks for the password straight away, is there anyway to fix it???? i cant do anythin on the card cuz it wont recognize its there til i put the password in.

Thanks

Kamalayan 20-01-2005 12:27 AM

Anyone has seen this? Or tested it?
http://www.mmcpwd.tk/

jay21_music 24-02-2005 02:51 PM

Quote:

.16M ..!..G.a

I have a 7610 and i have forgot my password. can u talk me through from start to finish exactly what i have to do please. i would be very grateful, there is a lot of memories on my card. where can i find a file manager? and do i install it on my PC or on my phone? i find it all really confusing.

Thanks

J

teehornghean 06-03-2005 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unr
that doesnt work that demands original password

Have you tried putting the MMC card in a MMC card Reader and format the MMC?

Tee Horng Hean
www.freesoftware.com.my

vOdKa`iCe 08-03-2005 01:02 PM

pls help me..i cant find it...

please help me...i already had the Fexplore file manager...but as i was reading the step-by-step on how to unlock the mmc... i cant find the mmcstore...

c:\system\. is not working...i dont have any folder matching it...what will i do?

fawn 14-04-2005 11:21 PM

i'm sorry to hear that, just recently i forgot what my MMC password is and i tried looking for it in

C:system/ mmcstore

maybe your fexplorer is corrupted or somthing. Why don't u download it again and try :)

unechanitin 03-07-2005 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m.onur giray
OPEN SELEQ OR HANDY FILE OR FEXPLORER.

go to:z\system\apps\unlockMMC>>

>>run "unlockMMC.app" and type any number do you want.(i typed 123)

My name is M.ONUR GiRAY
- TURKISH POWER -

As above I gone up to Z\system\app\..... but there was no file named unlockMMC.app so now what to do?

misterimran 22-12-2008 02:44 PM

i have forget mmc password
MMCSTORE.txt open but password shwoing this word

pcb w 0 p

wht is this

and i tyring this password but not working
plz help me

misterimran 23-12-2008 01:49 PM

plz solve my problem