All About Symbian Forums

All About Symbian Forums (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nokia 7650 (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   PSILOC Space Doubler ...... Awesome App! (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4776)

29-11-2002 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eidrian
It's a killer app, I only wish it will compress midlets too.

And I agree with above point, this will be useful even with 3650.

eidrian = Adrian Vaidos from Romania.

you creepy moron ! midlets are ALREADY COMPRESSED with ZIP compression technique (so called "JAR" files) so your wish shows your idiocy!

MrGimper 29-11-2002 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vt13
i dont like 3650 :( its like a toy.
and 7650 have interesting design :) & since i have yftp app - i can upload & download files on ftp server =)

I must admit, I do hate the look of the 3650, the 7650 looks a lot more stylish.

And since I have a Pocket PC with a 1gb microdrive, I'm just waiting to get the MMC Bluetooth card, and then loadsa storage :) :)

MaleBuffy 29-11-2002 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Quote:

you creepy moron ! midlets are ALREADY COMPRESSED with ZIP compression technique (so called "JAR" files) so your wish shows your idiocy!

Chill!

psiloc 29-11-2002 09:21 AM

Hello,

Quote:

Originally Posted by simeonbubblegum
A couple of things that I'm concerned about:

1. Uninstalling sDoubler leaves apps compressed and thus they are unusable!

2. What happens when trial period is over? Does it again leave apps compressed?

3. What happens when I uninstall a compressed app? Are the compressed files left on disk?

4. These compressers of course become obsolete when 3650 hits the markets.

1) True. Simply install it again and decompress apps.
2) No. You can still use sDoubler, but only to decompress apps.
3) Yes. Standard Nokia installer does not remove other files than specified by developer. But you can use eFile Manager to remove unnecessary files (Cleanup function).
4) Hmmm... With Space Doubler you can install 500 applications on 3650 (instead of 250) ;)

BR,

Robert
PsiNT

MaleBuffy 29-11-2002 09:32 AM

I installed sdoubler...It a good step forward BUT still it crashed on me....3.16 FW! I compressed Mill and Snails......Snails was compress 133% which I think was wrong...when I tried to play snails It uncompresed correctly and played...after exiting....It crashed...App closed...etc....The snail icon disapeared but......The folder Snail in c: was still there...had to delete manually! :(

eidrian 29-11-2002 09:39 AM

Quote:

Quote:

What's the problem of this guy? :-? Why is he making speculation about who am I?

Do I have to know about how midlets are compressed, in order to be member of this forum? :-?

MrGimper 29-11-2002 09:52 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

What's the problem of this guy? :-? Why is he making speculation about who am I?

Do I have to know about how midlets are compressed, in order to be member of this forum? :-?

Don't worry about it m8, he posted as a guest, so obviously doesn't want YOU to know who HE is

sigmacom 29-11-2002 09:55 AM

I have posted in the past about sCompress, and I was complaining because when you "Packed" any application, it dissapears it's icon from the "Desktop" of 7650 ( :D Desktop! Hahaha! Reminds me MS Windows) and I wished to do something about this, because you had to "Unpack" before running the app.
But now, comes our familiar PsiLOC with an app with this issue fixed! I will try it, and I will report my problems (if experienced any).

mdkia 29-11-2002 10:17 AM

hi,
just to know (maybe stupid question), but sdoubler is supposed to work also with applications wich work in background?

i.e.: with the world clock alarm?

ciao

-jb- 29-11-2002 10:19 AM

Sure, but it isnt compressed while you are running it (and if its running in the background, thats all the time), and then it's a bad idea to have it compressed.

omar_g 29-11-2002 10:28 AM

Great application. To the person who posted above about Snails:

I could get snails to even run with SDoubler installed, i had to remove it first. Not sure which of the two I should keep, both are in my top 2 greatest 7650 applications so far! :D

n1ghtFLY 29-11-2002 10:40 AM

what is snails

is it a game ?????

-jb- 29-11-2002 10:42 AM

I think that snails is justmemory-hungry, I restarted the phone and tried again, then it worked (with sDoubler installed).

Didnt try to compress it though

n1ghtFLY 29-11-2002 10:42 AM

ahh i forgot it;s the game on the firstpage

is it good ????

MaleBuffy 29-11-2002 10:44 AM

Very impressive, fast animation, clean graphics but still in Alpha version!