All About Symbian Forums

All About Symbian Forums (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sony Ericsson P800, P900 and P910 (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   My P800 won't start up..help needed (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24478)

asolano2 15-06-2004 06:51 PM

My P800 won't start up..help needed

Hi guys and girls, I'm newbie, so I apologyse for any missundertanding. My brand new P800 suddenly stop working a few days ago, the screen shutt off by itself and when I push the start buttom the phone just vibrates a litle but doesn't display the touch screen.

Any idea or advice ?

Thanks.

hAnDyGUY 16-06-2004 01:32 PM

I had the same problem when I stuffed the C Drive with many application, and after several attempts of turning on and off, I got a msg that the internal drive is corrupted and will be formated...
after formating the C Drive (by itself), I didn't install any application on C (everything on my 128mb drive) which kept the phone in good condition!

hope that helps

asolano2 16-06-2004 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hAnDyGUY
I had the same problem when I stuffed the C Drive with many application, and after several attempts of turning on and off, I got a msg that the internal drive is corrupted and will be formated...
after formating the C Drive (by itself), I didn't install any application on C (everything on my 128mb drive) which kept the phone in good condition!

hope that helps

Thanks man, my problem is than I can't turn on the phone so I can't do anythig so far with the disk C.

liverpool lad 16-06-2004 11:14 PM

I recall this was a problem with the P800 with the first firmware (R1-something) but if your phone is new, it should have at least R2 -something.

All the same, if it won't start up - and it's only a couple of weeks old - I think it's down to the shop and demand a replacement one (you need to send the phone away for a firmware update, so if you take that course of action it'll be gone for weeks)

Best of luck

asolano2 17-06-2004 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liverpool lad
I recall this was a problem with the P800 with the first firmware (R1-something) but if your phone is new, it should have at least R2 -something.

All the same, if it won't start up - and it's only a couple of weeks old - I think it's down to the shop and demand a replacement one (you need to send the phone away for a firmware update, so if you take that course of action it'll be gone for weeks)

Best of luck

As far as I remember my firmware is R2 something, I even installed the camcorder and I understand this app. doesn't work with old firmwares. Thanks again.

Unregistered2 06-07-2004 09:24 PM

Firmware install???

is there any way that u can install the firmware by your self????

Delta737 07-07-2004 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered2
is there any way that u can install the firmware by your self????

Nope not possible