All About Symbian Forums

All About Symbian Forums (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nokia 6600 and 6620 (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Choose where to save WAV (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21592)

Shidgoose 26-03-2004 10:30 PM

Choose where to save WAV

Okay I feel really stupid for asking this, but here goes...

When I upload a wave file to my Nokia 6600 via bluetooth, I just get the message with the attachment. I can open it and listen to it, then press options and choose "Save". Then it automaticaly starts saving it to my phone memory. I dont really like that, because I have to move them to my MMC every time... I'm pretty sure there must be a dialog to choose the folder, but I dont get it... or an option to change the default destination. Could someone please tell me what I'm overlooking.

btw, I allready did a search but couldnt find anything...

thanks

badger 27-03-2004 01:30 PM

Dont just send the file via Bluetooth. Use the Nokia Pc Suite or Epocware Filemanager and put the file into which ever folder on the phone or MMC you choose.

:cool:

Shidgoose 29-03-2004 10:49 PM

I tried Nokia PC Suite and I cant get it to work... know a guide that will tell me step by step how to use it ?! Just cant figure it out, and from what I've read I'm not the only one....

freedom 30-03-2004 02:44 PM

i have finally got mine working. i noticed that when i turned on my laptop, the phone tried to connect. this means that i can only connect to pc suit if i restart my computer

Vamp 01-04-2004 05:44 PM

Hi Freedom, no need to restart PC/laptop.

If your phone Bluetooth is on and you have installed Nokia PC suite properly, this will work:

At the Bluetooth or Explorer window, after discovering all Bluetooth devices in "Entire Bluetooth Neighbourhood", right-click the 6600 icon and select "Connect Bluetooth Serial Port". A resulting error box will appear but after that, the Bluetooth connection will be established. Sometimes you may need to select the "Connect Bluetooth Serial Port" a few time b4 the connection is established.

Don't really understand why but it works for me everytime.

ybrik 02-04-2004 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shidgoose
Okay I feel really stupid for asking this, but here goes...

When I upload a wave file to my Nokia 6600 via bluetooth, I just get the message with the attachment. I can open it and listen to it, then press options and choose "Save". Then it automaticaly starts saving it to my phone memory. I dont really like that, because I have to move them to my MMC every time... I'm pretty sure there must be a dialog to choose the folder, but I dont get it... or an option to change the default destination. Could someone please tell me what I'm overlooking.

btw, I allready did a search but couldnt find anything...

thanks

hi Shidgoose,
If you have enough space in your MMC, try to go to menu-extras-recorder-options-settings. And choose "MEMORY CARD" in the Memory in use field.
I this way, all your .wav files received via bluetooth will be automatically saved to your MMC.
HTH!