All About Symbian Forums

All About Symbian Forums (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nokia E90 (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   cannot back-up contacts (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101144)

unueco 22-06-2012 10:35 AM

cannot back-up contacts

Greetings:

I have connected my e90 to my PC using PC Suite. As soon as I click on the CONTACTS icon, I get an error window with the message

"OPERATION CANNOT BE COMPLETED"

Furthermore, when I receive calls or an SMS from the last contact I saved, the name does NOT show up. Instead, it just displays the phone number.

Any assistance is appreciated.

NOTE: If you need more information (like firmware number, etc) in order to help trouble shoot the problem please be specific in how I can find it to provide it to you

Thank you

jApi NL 23-06-2012 12:02 PM

Contacts Backup On Memorycard

This is not a full answer to your issue with PC Suite . Anyway you can make a Contacts Backup on Memorycard .
Go to Contacts > Options > Mark > Mark All > Options > Copy to Memorycard .

Luckily PC suite backs up your Calendar , since there is no option to backup the calendar on memorycard .

In general a phonenumber of a contact is displayed , when a contact-item contains more than 1 phonenumber .

The problem of the disfunctioning of PC Suite might be a corrupted file in the Phone's software .
Normally a hardreset is the solution , but you need a backup first before doing this . And it might take even several hours to refurbish , depending on the amount of external - non-firmware attached - Applications installed .

Anyway PC suite made a backup for you , except for contacts , which can be overcome by a contacts backup on Memorycard

Here is the hardware reset trick : dial *#7370# ; or when this doesn't solve the issue , use the Vulcan Death Grip :
1) Phone OFF
2) While keeping hold of : Green + 3 + * buttons
3) Turn the phone ON ; holding all 4 buttons for several seconds until the phone comes to life .

Because this manipulation is fiddly , it might be that you have to try this several times , until the phone asks you to enter date time language etc. , which is a sign it has completed the hard reset .

Hope this was helpfull .

:) Regards jApi NL

unueco 29-06-2012 10:17 AM

Thank you very much for this response.

As suggested, I have backed up my contacts to the memory card. But when I read the memory card with an external reader, none of the attached photos shows up. Is that normal?

Also, I am still curious about my second question:
Quote:

......when I receive calls or an SMS from the last contact I saved, the name does NOT show up. Instead, it just displays the phone number.
I tired deleting the contact and re-entering it. Same problem. I only have 200(+) contacts, not near the limit as far as I know.

Curious to understand and anxious to fix this problem.

Thank you!

rachelmoore 26-09-2012 04:16 AM

There should be a palm sync program that came with your device (also syncs Outlook, etc). Since Palm no longer exists, its doubtful that you'll be able to find a copy anymore.

carlyanie 01-10-2012 04:04 AM

My address book seems to have dissapeared how can I get it back. It says i have 41 contacts but none will come up when i want to send email.

ylimemee 13-10-2012 04:15 AM

I have two Yahoo email accounts and on Classic Yahoo could transfer between the two, but the new Yahoo doesn't give that option and I cannot get back to my main Yahoo account.

Darceyreya 17-10-2012 03:28 AM

And when i try back up files remotely it says 'data services unavailable' what does this mean and how can i restore the contacts from the memory card. Answers are appreciated. Thanks.