All About Symbian Forums

All About Symbian Forums (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nokia Nseries S60 3.2 Phones (Nokia N78, N79, N85, N86 and N96) (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   3 problems with n86 - aplications change places/ sms to c card/ ngage (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99987)

peponi37 26-06-2011 09:20 AM

3 problems with n86 - aplications change places/ sms to c card/ ngage

dear friends - i have a few questions.

1 - when i unplug my n-86 from the pc, al the aplications i have downloaded and a few aplications of the nokia itsef change places and go back to the aplication folder....and i need to re-arrenge them again and again. everything goes back to aplications folder (games, office, dictionaries, etc) and its anoing. is there anything i can do to prtevent this from happening?:o

2 - sometimes when reciving an sms the phone says i need to store it in memory phone, even when i have an sd card and i have it marked in the settings as the main memory. so i change the place to save the sms - after doing this i re-mark to save sms in sd card and all is well.... for a few sms:o

3 - there is no ngage aplication. is there a place to down load and install the negage aplication?:frown:

thanks in advance
peponi

N/A 26-06-2011 01:45 PM

Nokia has pulled the plug on N-Gage and the web site is now gone, and there's no longer any official place for the app, the games or activating/re-activating the N-Gage games.

peponi37 27-06-2011 09:14 AM

thank you - but - what about the first 2 other questions?

thank you for leting me know about the ngage games:icon14:.

now regarding the unpluging of the nokia when conected to the pc and the applications that are in different folders but go back to aplications folder when i unplug the cellphone :o

and the sms problem of the chage from sd card to c card sometimes - any solution? :o

thanks

jApi NL 27-06-2011 02:03 PM

Backup

A Backup on Memorycard might help for the first two caveats .
Menu > ... > Memorycard > Options > Make Backup .
After you find out the settings of Apps are rearanged , go back to Memorycard > Options > Restore ( the most recent backup ) .
Be aware : this includes also items like Notes . The most recent changes of Notes (after the Backup) will have disappeared .

However : JAVA apps , which are newly installed , will allways appear in Applications Folder . Even after Restoring from Memorycard Backup .

Another reason for your problems might be an microSD card caveat , like for the SMS settings .
Allways use a wellknown Brand : Sandisk , Kingston and the likes .
For 8GB and bigger Capacity , the best is to use class 4 cards or higher : check the number in the little circle printed on the card .

:) Regards jApi NL

peponi37 15-10-2011 06:43 PM

thanks for the input. still have the problems but i found that by passing the pics vvia bluetooth i dont use the cable - ergo - appsare left where i put them. sms though is another matter....
:frown:

SDK 08-11-2012 07:10 AM

Samsung fashion design, precision process quality, satisfying the screen and the bell is other brand mobile phone does not have.