All About Symbian Forums

All About Symbian Forums (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nokia 6630, 6680, 6681 and 6682 (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Do Not Buy Nokia HS-4W Bluetooth Headset !!! (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35569)

s12vaa 22-03-2005 05:23 PM

Do Not Buy Nokia HS-4W Bluetooth Headset !!!

I bought the Nokia HS-4W bluetooth headset for my Nokia 6630 mobile phone, and connection was just appalling. Sound quality was poor, also the headset disconnects every 10-15 minutes of a call !!! :mad:

I originally thought it was something wrong with my new phone, so complained to T-Mobile sales team and had the phone replaced for a brand new one. The problems persisted. I then sent off the newly bought headset to blueunplugged.com and they also did a replacement for another new one.

Guess wot???? Headset problem continued. The headset connects with my brother's Sony ericsson k700i and also the nokia 6230, but theres the same problem, it would disconnect every now and then.

I've sold the nokia headset off to some local phone shop who tested it and agreed to buy it loll. Thank god I got rid of it, but for a loss of course.

I'm now using the Sony Ericsson HBH-300 headset, and omg its just awesome!!! truly recommend it to all. Sound quality is fantastic, never disconnected so far, works absolutelyyyyy fineeeee!!! :tongue: :icon14: :icon14: :icon14:

Fidelko 23-03-2005 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s12vaa
I bought the Nokia HS-4W bluetooth headset for my Nokia 6630 mobile phone, and connection was just appalling. Sound quality was poor, also the headset disconnects every 10-15 minutes of a call !!! :mad:

I originally thought it was something wrong with my new phone, so complained to T-Mobile sales team and had the phone replaced for a brand new one. The problems persisted. I then sent off the newly bought headset to blueunplugged.com and they also did a replacement for another new one.

Guess wot???? Headset problem continued. The headset connects with my brother's Sony ericsson k700i and also the nokia 6230, but theres the same problem, it would disconnect every now and then.

I've sold the nokia headset off to some local phone shop who tested it and agreed to buy it loll. Thank god I got rid of it, but for a loss of course.

I'm now using the Sony Ericsson HBH-300 headset, and omg its just awesome!!! truly recommend it to all. Sound quality is fantastic, never disconnected so far, works absolutelyyyyy fineeeee!!! :tongue: :icon14: :icon14: :icon14:

i can only agree,iam using the HBH-300 too and iam very happy with it
;)

s12vaa 26-03-2005 09:17 PM

HBH-300 and laptop connection?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fidelko
i can only agree,iam using the HBH-300 too and iam very happy with it
;)

Hi there,

Do you know if its possible to connect the HBH-300 headset to my laptop and listen to music from it? I have a bluetooth dongle which I use to connect my nokia 6630 to the laptop for synchronization, but jus dnt knw how to connect the headset to the laptop.

Would really appreciate it if you could help. :)

Thank you

S12VAA

Fidelko 27-03-2005 08:19 AM

Quote:

Hi there,

Do you know if its possible to connect the HBH-300 headset to my laptop and listen to music from it? I have a bluetooth dongle which I use to connect my nokia 6630 to the laptop for synchronization, but jus dnt knw how to connect the headset to the laptop.

Would really appreciate it if you could help. :)

Thank you

S12VAA

iam not able to help you,because i didnt try... /i dont have an bluetooth USB dongle yet/.but i think it can work...

Enokian 27-03-2005 05:09 PM

Quote:

I remember that a previous topic has been posted about these issues.

Thank you for your warning that comes to late for me ... I am using the HS-4W for 2 monthes .. and I have got the same worries !! :icon13:

Has somebody ever tried the Nokia HS-11W ?

Darla 27-03-2005 06:53 PM

I totally agree!!

Quote:

I've had the same issues with that headset as well. When I got it I was using it with the 6600 and the sound was fine. It got frustrating though because it kept cutting off. With the 6630 the sound was horrible!!! I haven't contacted Nokia yet, I just decided that maybe I should sell it. I'm now using the Jabra 250 and I love it.

s12vaa 27-03-2005 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darla
I've had the same issues with that headset as well. When I got it I was using it with the 6600 and the sound was fine. It got frustrating though because it kept cutting off. With the 6630 the sound was horrible!!! I haven't contacted Nokia yet, I just decided that maybe I should sell it. I'm now using the Jabra 250 and I love it.

If u wish to sell ur nokia hs-4w headset, u may wana consider cex.co.uk
They will test the product and so long as they realise that it will connect to a fone successfully, they will offer to buy lol. Erm but dey dont offer much tho... 25 is what I got for mine. Oh well shite headset, had to get rid of it somehow!!!

s12vaa 13-04-2005 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enokian
I remember that a previous topic has been posted about these issues.

Thank you for your warning that comes to late for me ... I am using the HS-4W for 2 monthes .. and I have got the same worries !! :icon13:

Has somebody ever tried the Nokia HS-11W ?

I hear that the nokia HS-11W headset works well with the nokia 6630, its just the nokia HS-4W causing everyone problems. I recently called my nokia service centre, and was told something that wasnt a surprise to me...lol the fact that so many customers are bringing their faulty nokia hs-4w headsets into their branch for chek up but unfortunately dey bein sent away to have them send their stupid headsets straight to nokia! longggg!!!!!

Again I just wana recommend the Sony Ericsson HBH-300 bluetooth headset. Been using it for nearly a month now and it truly is just perfect in every sense!!! :D