All About Symbian Forums

All About Symbian Forums (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nokia N95 and N95 8GB (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   N-Gage Excitement!! (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67029)

Wookie-HTID 28-11-2007 12:52 PM

N-Gage Excitement!!

Wow - thats all i can say really lol.

I installed v20 last night, which i must firstly point out is fantastic! No keypress bug, quicker boot times and general response times! WOW!

:icon14: Well done Nokia!!

But the icing on the cake was when i had a free demo game of "FIFA" on my phone, ohhhh gosh!! How brilliant is it!

Looking at the graphics here and what can be done with this phone, im truly excited about the N-Gage release next month, just when i thought my N95 couldnt get any better, and then this.

*bows to the Nokia gods* :tongue:

oxfordmark 28-11-2007 01:31 PM

I cant get excited over this... I found Fifa very hard to play on it! I must say though, the graphics are very good.

3Shirts 28-11-2007 01:47 PM

I often find that games that aren't specifically designed for phones (emulators) or ones that are ported from other formats (like fifa) are quite awkward. Actually I found this one alright but the limitations of a keypad that is not designed for gaming are obvious.
It helps a lot if the game disables the middle button so you can roll across the directions easily, and the menu and media keys.

rottie 28-11-2007 08:38 PM

I find playing on numeric keypad easier. Otherwise I keep pressing the menu buttons accidentaly all the time.

One question - what's all this hype abut waiting for N-gage if full versions of these games are available for a long time now??

paul.johnston 28-11-2007 09:44 PM

if they start intergrating the wii controllers into controlling the games, like wii-rider, it would be more fun!!

8Ball 29-11-2007 11:52 AM

Good way to control the games is a bluetooth keyboard. That way you can hook it up to the TV and play from the sofa. Not bad when you're holiday as it makes a cheap portable games console.

rottie 29-11-2007 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8Ball (Post 350215)
Good way to control the games is a bluetooth keyboard. That way you can hook it up to the TV and play from the sofa. Not bad when you're holiday as it makes a cheap portable games console.

Sounds like you're having a blast on your holiday...;)

Wookie-HTID 03-12-2007 12:56 PM

Yeah the bluetooth keyboard was definately my main aim. Not that it'll help me when i wanna play on my bus on my way home or anything, but its just great to go round your mates and brag about how good your phone is lol

Pheonix SZ 03-12-2007 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wookie-HTID (Post 349934)
Wow - thats all i can say really lol.

I installed v20 last night, which i must firstly point out is fantastic! No keypress bug, quicker boot times and general response times! WOW!

:icon14: Well done Nokia!!

But the icing on the cake was when i had a free demo game of "FIFA" on my phone, ohhhh gosh!! How brilliant is it!

Looking at the graphics here and what can be done with this phone, im truly excited about the N-Gage release next month, just when i thought my N95 couldnt get any better, and then this.

*bows to the Nokia gods* :tongue:

I agree - it's great, BUT ...

... the Bluetooth SUCKS !
Drop-outs all the time - PC, headset, GPS.

*Kicks Nokia gods up the a$$* :tongue:

PatricOj 10-12-2007 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oxfordmark (Post 349945)
I cant get excited over this... I found Fifa very hard to play on it! I must say though, the graphics are very good.

I tried the latest build on my N95-2 8GB and the music keys could be used for landscape mode play in Fifa :icon14: