All About Symbian Forums

All About Symbian Forums (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nokia 9210 and 9290 (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What do use your communicator for? (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4018)

Special 10-11-2002 06:48 PM

What do use your communicator for?

Tell us how do u use your communicator..

i noticed that 92XX forum is dead :sleeping: let's get it back to life :multi:

PS! what about making it sticky? :roll:

Nosferatu 10-11-2002 07:11 PM

Re: What do use your communicator for?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enrique

Is this a JOKE??? ;)

LAuRA 10-11-2002 07:17 PM

Dead? Whatdoyamean? Can't be!

Ok. How do I use my communicator? I take it in my left hand, open the cover with my right hand and then...
:D Bad joke, I agree.

I use my 9210 mostly for business. Calendar and contacts, the obvious. I don't use a traditional calendar at all anymore.

Also I write down all the notes from presentations and lectures that I go to hear. I can later retrieve the data if I need to make an abstract or summary of it. Writing on the keypad is a bit slower than writing with a pen but then there is no need for re-typing.

When I go to a meeting I usually get the agenda by e-mail in advance. I used to print it out and take it with me. Now I just transfer it to my communicator and I don't need the paper anymore. To me communicator is one true step towards paperless business. Or should I say office?

If there were more disk space I would surely try to have my presentation slides ready in my communicator and leave the laptop home. But so far it is not an option. I don't even know if the IRMAdevice is reliable?

And of course there is the calculator. And currency-converter that was especially helpful when Finland adopted euro.

And of course the phone :D

LAuRA 10-11-2002 07:25 PM

Besides, Enrique, it seems that the forum is not dead. Everyone is just watching the J2theIZZO vs MaleBuffy Movie at the waffle. :roll: :agrue: :robot:

MaleBuffy 10-11-2002 07:39 PM

DO you mean you haven't watched it? Shame on you :) I agree the 92xx forum is not dead! The 7650 is quite overloaded making this one seem quite slow...but not dead!

Dazler 10-11-2002 07:40 PM

Re: What do use your communicator for?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enrique

i noticed that 92XX forum is dead :sleeping: let's get it back to life :multi:

PS! what about making it sticky? :roll:

It sticks ;)

Dazler 10-11-2002 07:43 PM

The 92xx users are smarter and don't have that much questions? ;) ;) :D

Special 10-11-2002 07:54 PM

I like your jokes!! :D
Dazler, they are more that smart! they are also Jokers :P
LAuRA keep on using ur communicator like this..
but i take it in my right hand, and open the cover with my left hand 8)
it doesn't make difference...!

SwitchBlade 11-11-2002 02:40 AM

I use mine as a calandar, an alarm clock, for notes in meetings and taking notes to meetings, for texting, for gaming ;), and finally I used it when I hacked into the FBI and made both George Bush and Bill Gates the most wanted men in America (only kidding, I just wish I could do that).

n9k 11-11-2002 03:28 AM

I used it mainly for faxes... Cos, I'm always outstation.

debernardis 11-11-2002 04:42 AM

Mine, it's stuffed with reference books and texts, plus it's a handy way to connect to online databases. I also write a lot with Word. Months ago Agenda was also most used, but now I have less appointments ;-)

LAuRA 11-11-2002 06:48 AM

Intresting Debernardis. I haven't really used mine to connetc to the internet. I tried in the beginning and found it so slow (=expensive) that I gave it up. Plus the webpages were difficult to read on the small screen. Now there seem to be applications to help with this problem, perhaps I should give my 9210 another try on the net?

Also my WAPsettings are a mess and damn thing does not work. Haven't even bothered to look into it :cry:

The Godfather 11-11-2002 08:58 AM

I keep all the data of my business inside my 9210i...and every month i do all types of statistics to keep up with the things that people like...i work in a club. I even go out of town quite often and, having fax and e-mail always at hand is just so usefull!!! When i drive my car i don't need to keep a hand on the phone,i just leave the 9210i open on my lap(this is safer!)!...The 9210 is really an exellent tool that makes things really more easy for me, it helps me save a lot of time!!! :D :D

Special 11-11-2002 10:03 AM

I'm using my 9210i to save all programs i did, on Java, C++ and Assembly languages ( copy ==> paste) maybe i'll need it later! in an exam or something 8)
and i'm used not to delete any recieved sms .. i can store thousands of them. songs, my expenses are all stored in a single sheet.
i'm using it to write my notes in any lecture, it's better & faster than using a pen :robot:
i've installed all most all the programs available for the 92XX, i'm waiting the new version of SmartAnswer without the mic bug :angel:

4u2nv 11-11-2002 01:49 PM

To run my life! I think that sums it up beautifully! ;) ;)