All About Symbian Forums

All About Symbian Forums (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sony Ericsson P800, P900 and P910 (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Uninstalling Software and Other Question (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8433)

khkai 02-03-2003 04:25 AM

Uninstalling Software and Other Question

I found that when you uninstall a software, then use the Filemanager to check your memory, there are still folders of that software. I have no idea why this still remains. That means that using the uninstall isn't really completely cleaning the memory of the software, just like windows software...very annoying. Is there a better way to uninstall software?

Another problem i have is that I cannot find a way to uninstall my SciCalc!!! it isn't listed in the uninstall section. I'm panicing!

Ok, here's my last question, when you get a new MS Duo, do you just plug in the current 16 meg Duo into your computer, copy everything into a folder, then plug in the new Duo and copy that folder into it? Then would you get everything from the 16 meg onto the new Duo and everything will work just dandy? Please tell me if it is this easy, or do we need to reinstall each software separately over again.

Tigerdyr2 02-03-2003 10:18 AM

I've read some where that you have 2 format the DUO, then you can dublicate all the files

ArK 21-02-2006 05:15 PM

Hey all,

new to this all. ive bought tom tom 5 software with instuctions from ebay. It dosent seem as easy as it looks, it says to simply move files onto my memory card but when i do that all i got is files all over the place!
how do i install my software properly??

bsu 14-01-2007 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khkai
I found that when you uninstall a software, then use the Filemanager to check your memory, there are still folders of that software. I have no idea why this still remains. That means that using the uninstall isn't really completely cleaning the memory of the software, just like windows software...very annoying. Is there a better way to uninstall software?

Another problem i have is that I cannot find a way to uninstall my SciCalc!!! it isn't listed in the uninstall section. I'm panicing!

Ok, here's my last question, when you get a new MS Duo, do you just plug in the current 16 meg Duo into your computer, copy everything into a folder, then plug in the new Duo and copy that folder into it? Then would you get everything from the 16 meg onto the new Duo and everything will work just dandy? Please tell me if it is this easy, or do we need to reinstall each software separately over again.

I have the same problem

bsu 14-01-2007 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArK
Hey all,

new to this all. ive bought tom tom 5 software with instuctions from ebay. It dosent seem as easy as it looks, it says to simply move files onto my memory card but when i do that all i got is files all over the place!
how do i install my software properly??

I have the same problem