All About Symbian Forums

All About Symbian Forums (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nokia 7650 (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Y doesn't this animated GIF work on my phone? (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4671)

555 26-11-2002 08:35 AM

Y doesn't this animated GIF work on my phone?

This animated gif doesnt work on my phone :(

Is it becuz its a special type of gif or sumfink?

seanmiguel 26-11-2002 08:49 AM

LOL!!! :D very nice gif! it's really a pity if we cant view that on the phone. what have you used so far to view it with? just for suggestions, you can view it with psiloc screen saver, seleQ 1.5i or aniviewer. sometimes the problem though, especially if your going to use the screen saver, if the file is to big (i wasnt able to check the gif size because i was so freaking excited to reply) it cant be viewed as well. this happened to me a couple of times.

try the apps i've mentioned and let us know if any of them worked so we can also have this hilarious gif on our phones! :D

:) 26-11-2002 08:54 AM

When you want to view animated GIFs on your phone they only loop once. Or occasionaly, they never loop. You can view animated GIFs on your phone using the latest version of SeleQ 1.50i

You can also use these GIFs for screensavers in Psiloc's screensaver application. (they loop forever)
:D

:) 26-11-2002 08:57 AM

Does this mean Seanmiguel has the speed reply button too :o
(now everybody does!)
No no, i guess my computer is kind of slow today.. :D

555 26-11-2002 09:05 AM

hi

i used the screen saver by psiloc

when i try to preview it, it shows nothing, then when i push a button to get it off the preview, it kinda lags for a while maybe becuz the file is so big its still trying to load it, i will try again in the new seleq.

my question really is, can 7650 play all gif files or only certain types.

555 26-11-2002 09:10 AM

I am happy now :)

It work in seleq

555 26-11-2002 09:12 AM

work in screensaver also :) :)

it just takes a while to load :) :)

:D :D :D

:) 26-11-2002 09:28 AM

Glad it works!

THe file is just big and it needs time to "load", even on my pc it takes a while!!! (guess my ISP is crap)
But it's free :D

seanmiguel 26-11-2002 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by :)
Does this mean Seanmiguel has the speed reply button too :o
(now everybody does!)
No no, i guess my computer is kind of slow today.. :D

nope, no speed button for me! i hope i do though! ;) (hint) i just give more time and effort in this dang forum than my job!!! :D

:) 26-11-2002 09:38 AM

I didn't go to school today and i'm on this forum from the morning!

i woke up and saw All about symbian, what a great way to start the day!!

(the day is almost over, i've been here for two hours.)

:D

seanmiguel 26-11-2002 10:00 AM

2 hours???!!! man, i stay here the whole day!!! there was a time, i was told im needed in a meeting, but at that time i was into speed posting without the speed button of course) to answer some newbie questions, i had to make an excuse that im finising a proposal or something so as not to get lost on what happened in the forum while i was logged out because of work! (shrink please!!!) 8)

:) 26-11-2002 10:05 AM

Well yeah i do hang around here most of the day, but i do have a life too!!

Too many ping pong games to play! (yesterday i was unbeatable!!)

Let's see what today packs for features!

SO far i've been 3:40 minutes here from the moment i woke up, i have to take a break... take a kit kat!!!

555 26-11-2002 10:52 AM

here is a smaller version that i have resized which is better suited if u want to put on ur phone.

TRicKs 26-11-2002 01:38 PM

Thanks for resizing the gif file. Really appreciate it. Will now use it as my screensaver! :D

petran 26-11-2002 02:15 PM

:oops: Ehmm, may I ask how you resize an animated gif? What program do you use?