All About Symbian Forums

All About Symbian Forums (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nokia Nseries S60 5.0 phones (Nokia N97 and Nokia N97 mini) (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   Its here!! V20.0.019 (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89603)

Biggzy 27-10-2009 11:27 AM

Its here!! V20.0.019
 
finaly its out on NSU

davecozens 27-10-2009 11:31 AM

woo! me too!

ironass 27-10-2009 11:34 AM

Downloading now for... 0570817: RM-505_EMEA_EURO_QW1 Black
... at last!

davecozens 27-10-2009 11:35 AM

47mb to go...

Downloaded...

Flashing now! *eek*

davecozens 27-10-2009 11:38 AM

preserve data or hard reset though?

*ponder*

angiepea 27-10-2009 11:39 AM

in traditional female fashion, i too am going through the motions :D

how exciting !!!!!!!!

Biggzy 27-10-2009 11:40 AM

updated, just trying it, a nice presentation on startup of nokia services.

ovi contacts showing in contacts, kinetic scrolling is NICE!!!

ironass 27-10-2009 11:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Got it!

Maximus434 27-10-2009 11:41 AM

Still not available for UK UNBRANDED phones?! WTF???

Is the UK market being ignored again by Nokia??

BanziBarn 27-10-2009 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maximus434 (Post 443913)
Still not available for UK UNBRANDED phones?! WTF???

Is the UK market being ignored again by Nokia??

Was just about the get my usb cable.... won't bother then :frown:

angiepea 27-10-2009 11:51 AM

oh man ...... i'm scrolling !!!:D

falconer 27-10-2009 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maximus434 (Post 443913)
Still not available for UK UNBRANDED phones?! WTF???

Is the UK market being ignored again by Nokia??

I finally gave way to temptation and changed my product code, as the prospect of waiting another month or so (by recent standards) to see if the phone was actually going to be worth keeping was to much

Venomrush 27-10-2009 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falconer (Post 443917)
I finally gave way to temptation and changed my product code, as the prospect of waiting another month or so (by recent standards) to see if the phone was actually going to be worth keeping was to much

Saying goodbye to warranty? :o
It'll be hard to throw it on the bay ...

It's worthed to wait.

Biggzy 27-10-2009 11:58 AM

nice, when we edit the homescreen we can now move the clock around so its not stuck at the top.

celios 27-10-2009 11:59 AM

Just downloading it now...

davecozens 27-10-2009 12:03 PM

Right. Formatting mass memory now. than a *'7370# reset for me..

Ammar_Dento 27-10-2009 12:03 PM

1. Any improvements in the RAM? Any additional free mega bytes after booting?
2. Anything new in internal memory?

falconer 27-10-2009 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venomrush (Post 443918)
Saying goodbye to warranty? :o
It'll be hard to throw it on the bay ...

It's worthed to wait.

It was heading to being thrown on the floor and being jumped up and down on :D

Maximus434 27-10-2009 12:06 PM

Sure you can just change the product code back when it's released for UK, Nokia wont know any difference! Should be no problems with warranty.

ltomovski 27-10-2009 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venomrush (Post 443918)
Saying goodbye to warranty? :o
It'll be hard to throw it on the bay ...

It's worthed to wait.

You are not sayingo good bye to anything .. If the phone goes bad .. you simply return the phone to the original product code ..

nottmbantam 27-10-2009 12:11 PM

What utter testicles.

Stuck at work, the N97 is at home, will have to rush home and download it. It had better be available to us Middle Eastern types..... Grrrr.

Venomrush 27-10-2009 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maximus434 (Post 443926)
Sure you can just change the product code back when it's released for UK, Nokia wont know any difference! Should be no problems with warranty.

When you do a firmware update, your phone sends info to Nokia, here's what being sent:

Online Software Update Attempt History
Date/Time (GMT) YYYY-MM-DD | Update Type | Result | Reason | Original Software Version | Target Software Version | Product Code

Any Nokia engineers here can confirm that what I'm posting is correct.

Venomrush 27-10-2009 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ltomovski (Post 443927)
You are not sayingo good bye to anything .. If the phone goes bad .. you simply return the phone to the original product code ..

That doesn't help when you've already done an update, there's already a mark on warranty for changing product codes when they look at warranty check for the device seeing the update log for the phone.

nottmbantam 27-10-2009 12:14 PM

Yay!!

it's available acording the Nokia website. Got antoerh 50mins at wrok, then its off home to download.

It had better be good. Or else.

celios 27-10-2009 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venomrush (Post 443930)
That doesn't help when you've already done an update, there's already a mark on warranty for changing product codes when they look at warranty check for the device seeing the update log for the phone.

You you're saying the moral of the story is.... don't buy Nokia?

Venomrush 27-10-2009 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by celios (Post 443932)
You you're saying the moral of the story is.... don't buy Nokia?

No, telling you not to change product codes.

celios 27-10-2009 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venomrush (Post 443933)
No, telling you not to change product codes.

I would say the moral is, don't give your money to Nokia.

A company that releases devices bug-ridden firmware and then makes users wait 1-2 months for localised firmware AND THEN attempts to deny warranty claims due to poor design and QA, sounds like it doesn't deserve the money.

angiepea 27-10-2009 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venomrush (Post 443933)
No, telling you not to change product codes.


am i bovvered

zxon 27-10-2009 12:28 PM

Not available for the UK?! After all the bloody hassle that we've been giving Nokia over it!?

I've just about had enough!

celios 27-10-2009 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zxon (Post 443936)
Not available for the UK?! After all the bloody hassle that we've been giving Nokia over it!?

I've just about had enough!

See post #27 above.

matthewrleech 27-10-2009 12:38 PM

Bah! Come on, come on!
 
My NSU was out of date so I've gotto update that first...typical!

I'm shaking with excitement! LOL!

ironass 27-10-2009 12:40 PM

Just tried Maps, I'm on Ovi Maps beta 3.03 with no GPS mods, and not only am I getting a lock in seconds but I have a green compass and 9 bars. Map auto rotating. It's even showing me at the bottom of the garden!

Never had that before at home!

Can someone have a look and see if it's the same for them.

matthewrleech 27-10-2009 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matthewrleech (Post 443940)
My NSU was out of date so I've gotto update that first...typical!

I'm shaking with excitement! LOL!

...and now I've got to reboot!! Arrrrgghhh!!

kokchi 27-10-2009 01:26 PM

Formatting Mass Memory?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by davecozens (Post 443922)
Right. Formatting mass memory now. than a *'7370# reset for me..

Hi, how do you format the mass memory? And what's the difference compared with doing a *#7370# reset?

I'm from Malaysia and yet to receive the update but just getting ready. Also recently had my lens cover changed. :) Also fixed the GPS at Nokia service centres. :) Hope the software comes soon, can't wait. Thanks.

dog-man 27-10-2009 01:44 PM

Hmmm, I know I can get this firmware now if I debrand, but would I lose anything worth keeping if I debrand from Vodafone UK?




dog-man

jerm 27-10-2009 01:48 PM

damnit its not out for me!

!@##%$#%%@#!~@~!!!!!@

Zyyb 27-10-2009 01:51 PM

Lol, i actually checked in here this morning (still no reply to my music thread) then ran the updater at about 10:30 seeing if i could get the jump on anyone. Now downloading! Woot!

bowman 27-10-2009 02:39 PM

Anyone else surprised by how quick it uploads to the phone? From connection of N97 (minus the download time of new fw) it's just taken me 4 minutes to update!

Biggzy 27-10-2009 02:43 PM

yes bowman, it usualy takes longer, i set it to update and waited till fw had downloaded then went out side for a smoke, came back in and n97 was sitting there all done waiting for me

phazlehurst 27-10-2009 02:48 PM

Is it just me, or is Music dead?

I had about 2000 songs on my Mass Memory... but then opening Music Library says I have nothing... and now it just "hangs" searching for music and podcasts.

:(

It's going to truly suck to have to transfer everything over again :(

P


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.