All About Symbian Forums

All About Symbian Forums (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nokia 6630, 6680, 6681 and 6682 (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Vodafone UK - Has anyone got their unlock code yet??? (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32661)

The_Fellowship 10-01-2005 12:24 PM

Vodafone UK - Has anyone got their unlock code yet???

Hi,

Has anyone who requested an unlock code for their Nokia 6630 from Vodafone UK received it yet?

Thanks

willbrady 10-01-2005 12:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Found this on a google search.
It says it's freeware so I guess it is ok to post it here.
Might help you guys..

Will

daywalker 10-01-2005 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willbrady
Found this on a google search.
It says it's freeware so I guess it is ok to post it here.
Might help you guys..

Will

dont think it will work as apparently u can not remotly unlock yr 6630

BigladUK 10-01-2005 07:08 PM

Unlock for Vodaphone

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Fellowship
Hi,

Has anyone who requested an unlock code for their Nokia 6630 from Vodafone UK received it yet?

Thanks

Got off the phone from Vodaphone about 4 hours ago and they are still singing the same song. " We are waiting for Nokia to Generate the Unlock codes ".

Bunch of muppets.

Simon

Unplugged 11-01-2005 01:35 AM

Latest flashers are supposidly starting to support this phone.

I may have to take it to some dodgy market stall and hopefully slavage my £20 back from Vodafone.

The_Fellowship 11-01-2005 09:49 AM

Yeah, I got the same back from Vodafone CS. I've called them loads of times and yet each time I call I always get "There's no record of you requesting the un-lock code" lol

Does anyone know the DCT and ASIC for the Nokia 6630? Also, if anyone does manage to unlock their handsets through a non-Vodafone way could they please post how...thanks :)

The_Fellowship 16-01-2005 05:23 PM

Just got off the phone to Vodafone CS. They reckon they are STILL waiting for Nokia to supply the unlock codes. I had a bit of a moan at the guy coz I've been waiting since Dec 9th! I told him I wasn't gonna pay the £20 and he said you have to have a word with the accounts dept. Had a chat with them and they have said they will credit me the £20 once I have the code. Apparently it's an automatic charge, so you'll get charged once they give u the code. I'd avise anyone else who's been waiting ages to have a moan at them and tell them you're not satisfied with their service and you're not prepared to pay the £20.

I know it doesn't get the code any quicker...but at least you won't have to pay for it if/when it does arrive :redface:

Utenteanonimo64 16-01-2005 07:07 PM

I have just one thing to say: BOICOTT VODAFONE! If TIM can sell an unlocked, no contract and fully functional 6630 for 330 euro then Vodafone should be able to do the same or ten times better!

UA

error 16-01-2005 07:26 PM

Hi,

I also have a 6630 which is locked to Vodafone (Ireland) and I can guarantee you that at the same time that Vodafone or even before they can give you the code, that it will possible to unlock for free.

I think you should wait and see if they can be unlocked for free before you give Vodafone your hard earned money.

I'm sure most ppl here can unlock Nokias via calculator and if you can't I will give you the codes as soon as they are free.

Lenepyhe 16-01-2005 10:46 PM

And does anyone know the expected date for these new codes?

willbrady 16-01-2005 10:48 PM

Getting another 6630 in he office on Monday - this one will be locked to Voda.
I'll let you know when it's been cracked ;)

Wil

Eltoroeire 17-01-2005 05:02 AM

If you get your vodafone unlocked and then get a firmware update will the network lock not be replaced? Seems like a waste of time if thats the case cos we“re all going to have to get updates sooner or later. When all this calms down in a few weeks and they“ve got it as good as they can...
I“m seriously considering just going to a nokia centre and getting a flash of the generic software there. They“ll give you a 90 day warranty even if your own is voided by taking off the voda stuff. Can flash it again in 3 months thus keeping up the warranty.. What say you chaps???

The_Fellowship 17-01-2005 10:14 AM

Where can you get a generic firmaware flashed on to your phone in the UK? Is it available already? How much does it cost?

Not sure if using an existing valid unlock code will work on an updated Vodafone firmware...

fannypad 17-01-2005 12:50 PM

It's all a load of bollocks init. I'm going to give my phone to the seven fingered tramp down the road, convert to Buddhism, go live in the outer Hebrides and spend my days whipping my own bare back with a birch branch.

Unplugged 17-01-2005 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eltoroeire
If you get your vodafone unlocked and then get a firmware update will the network lock not be replaced? Seems like a waste of time if thats the case cos we“re all going to have to get updates sooner or later. When all this calms down in a few weeks and they“ve got it as good as they can...
I“m seriously considering just going to a nokia centre and getting a flash of the generic software there. They“ll give you a 90 day warranty even if your own is voided by taking off the voda stuff. Can flash it again in 3 months thus keeping up the warranty.. What say you chaps???

No once unlocked your phone remains unlocked upgrading the software will not relock it. And seeing te Warranty is with Nokia and not Vodafone it doesent make much difference.

Also you probaly wont find many sevice points that will flash our phone with Generic Software.