All About Symbian Forums

All About Symbian Forums (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/index.php)
-   Series 60 (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Momax Mains Battery Charger (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96137)

slitchfield 20-08-2010 02:09 PM

Momax Mains Battery Charger

Here's a common scenario. You've acquired a spare battery for your smartphone, either by buying one on purpose or by inheriting one from another device. Yet, in order to charge each, you've got to power the device down and swap cells, effectively using the phone itself as the charger. If, like me, you juggle more than one phone and more than one battery for each, this can get very tiresome. Enter this latest mains battery charger from Mobile Fun, compatible with nearly every Nokia smartphone battery from the last few years and reviewed right here. Summary? It's a slam dunk.

Read on in the full article.

Unregistered 20-08-2010 04:29 PM

Charging Temp?

Nice device.

But I've got one question though, how about battery temperature during charging, does it get noticeably warmer than when being charged normally?

slitchfield 20-08-2010 05:11 PM

No. Cooler. Being charged at a lower rate etc....

malerocks 23-08-2010 08:09 AM

Very interesting charger, but if the idea is to have extra (and charged batteries) with me, I would appreciate a charger that fills up juice in batteries atleast as fast as a good Nokia Charger. 5 hours to charge a battery!!! Thats a lot. Especially if I am out, I do think I will have the patience to wait 5 hours for my spare battery to charge. I just wish they would speed that up. Else its perfect!

A question to you Steve - if the charging ports match up, can this charge other brand batteries (sony, samsung, etc.) as well? Logically it should.

slitchfield 23-08-2010 09:02 AM

Yes, I guess it would work - though the pins are unlikely to match exactly.... comments welcome if anyone else has actually tried this!

Fred* 23-08-2010 03:14 PM

Looks very interesting. I'm still very impressed with the battery life on my E71, even after a year.

A question that I hope isn't off the subject: why is it that sometimes when I charge my battery (in my phone, from the mains) the charger gets very hot? I mean *very hot*.

Thanks

slitchfield 24-08-2010 06:42 AM

Because it's not a genuine Nokia charger?

Or maybe it's faulty? Either way, the charger itself shouldn't get more than warm....

Fred* 24-08-2010 07:06 AM

No, it's a genuine Nokia charger - the one I got with my phone.

In your opinion should I replace it?

UKJeeper 24-08-2010 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fred* (Post 474368)
No, it's a genuine Nokia charger - the one I got with my phone.

In your opinion should I replace it?

Look at it this way. How much is a replacement charger? How much is a replacement phone? If there's something odd (being able to fry eggs on your charger would be considered 'odd') about the charger, chuck it and get a replacement before you continue to run the risk of nuking your phone. Or at the very least try a different charger first.