All About Symbian Forums

All About Symbian Forums (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nokia N80 (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Worms - good and cheap (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54861)

dergal 12-12-2006 11:17 PM

Worms - good and cheap
 
With all the rubbish games on Three (especially the cheap ones) I thought it would be worth mentioning that worms is great ... And multiplayer by passing the phone around! (if anyone knows how to make it multi player via bluetooth or something cool - that would be awesome) ... but in the mean time finally a good fun game!

In fact its the only good game I have managed to buy with my 5 a month free downloads!

Cash 13-12-2006 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dergal
With all the rubbish games on Three (especially the cheap ones) I thought it would be worth mentioning that worms is great ... And multiplayer by passing the phone around! (if anyone knows how to make it multi player via bluetooth or something cool - that would be awesome) ... but in the mean time finally a good fun game!

In fact its the only good game I have managed to buy with my 5 a month free downloads!

sounds expensive to me .... i can get virtually ever game and app for free (if you know where to look)...and I also have some great games ...

N/A 13-12-2006 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cash
i can get virtually ever game and app for free (if you know where to look

If you don't care about laws in most countries, and are comfortable with stealing stuff you're supposed to pay for. Do you also walk away from shops/stores with stuff in your pockets without paying for them?

satello 13-12-2006 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N/A
If you don't care about laws in most countries, and are comfortable with stealing stuff you're supposed to pay for. Do you also walk away from shops/stores with stuff in your pockets without paying for them?

sometimes.... not always:)

Cash 13-12-2006 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N/A
If you don't care about laws in most countries, and are comfortable with stealing stuff you're supposed to pay for. Do you also walk away from shops/stores with stuff in your pockets without paying for them?

I didnt say I steal it, I said I get it for free .. there is a difference...

I get into most night clubs for free where I live, its not because I am stealing a ticket, its because I get invited :)...


There are ways to get things for free that do not break laws..If you do your reasearch and know where to look then you will find this out ..

Just as a matter of interest .. did you upgrade your firmware in you N80 with pheonix .... I think you know what I am trying to say here ....;)

Cash 13-12-2006 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satello
sometimes.... not always:)

LMAOROTFL

satello 13-12-2006 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cash
LMAOROTFL

mate, i can do english italian and much of spanish, but not primitive languages :icon13:

N/A 13-12-2006 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cash
I didnt say I steal it, I said I get it for free .. there is a difference...

I get into most night clubs for free where I live, its not because I am stealing a ticket, its because I get invited :)...


There are ways to get things for free that do not break laws..If you do your reasearch and know where to look then you will find this out ..

Just as a matter of interest .. did you upgrade your firmware in you N80 with pheonix .... I think you know what I am trying to say here ....;)

If you "get" cracked/pirated software from the Internet, it is still theft/illegal in most countries, if it is commercial software and you're supposed to pay for it. The fact that somebody else put it on the Internet without permission, does not make it any more legal for you to take.

Cash 13-12-2006 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satello
mate, i can do english italian and much of spanish, but not primitive languages :icon13:

Its short for " laughing my ass off rolling on the floor"
:)

Cash 13-12-2006 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N/A
If you "get" cracked/pirated software from the Internet, it is still theft/illegal in most countries, if it is commercial software and you're supposed to pay for it. The fact that somebody else put it on the Internet without permission, does not make it any more legal for you to take.

It doesnt seem that you understand what I was saying I didnt say cracked or pirated software...

End of discussion ..

N/A 13-12-2006 04:55 PM

Most likely those applications you "find" are cracks, but you just do not realize it (or choose to ignore it). Take, e.g., the Worms game in this thread. It is commercial software that you're supposed to pay for. If you "find" a copy on the Internet that you're not paying for, then it is warez (cracked/pirated).

Without posting any links, post a list (name + developer if you know it) of the apps or games you have "found", and I'll tell you which are really free and which are not.

dunarea 13-12-2006 05:59 PM

My 'Worms' came already installed on the phone, am i supposed to pay for that as well?

dez_borders 13-12-2006 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N/A
Without posting any links, post a list (name + developer if you know it) of the apps or games you have "found", and I'll tell you which are really free and which are not.

OK, you have firmly stated your point of view, which you are fully entitled to.

So can we please get back to the topic in hand? :)

For Sale: Can of Worms, excellent bait for river salmon. £3.99 inc download. Seconds also available in a cracked tin.

Cash 13-12-2006 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N/A
Most likely those applications you "find" are cracks, but you just do not realize it (or choose to ignore it). Take, e.g., the Worms game in this thread. It is commercial software that you're supposed to pay for. If you "find" a copy on the Internet that you're not paying for, then it is warez (cracked/pirated).

Without posting any links, post a list (name + developer if you know it) of the apps or games you have "found", and I'll tell you which are really free and which are not.

I dont need to qualify what I say to you, I know exactly where my games and apps came from, the source and who I got them from.

Of course I also use pirated software, not just on my phone but on my PC just like everybody else on this board, and if you used pheonix to flash your phone then I assume you have used pirated software also...so can you please stop preaching ...

We are all grown up here and know exactly what we are doing ..

FYI....the cost of loss of earnings due to pirated software is already built into the retail value of any product...this also includes cd's, dvds, and also goods you buy from the high street stores to cover the cost od stolen goods, as is the cost of insurance, it is inflated to cover costs due to fraudulent claims.....


They play us ... and we play them, its a neverending circle thats actually balanced very well....I am not saying its right or wrong, but just thats its taken into account.


This is the final post I will make on this subject...feel free to make a reply but dont expect a response back

with respect

Cash :)

dunarea 13-12-2006 06:23 PM

Well done Cash. I think we all have bought a programe or game we thought would be useful and then we found out it was rubbish (not all programs come with a trial version so you're forced to buy it. It happened to me a few times that something i bought proved to be under my expectations. Any chance of getting my money back? Hell no! Anyway, of the hundreds of pirated versions of programs i installed just out of curiosity, or thinking it would be something useful, maybe i use less then 10, the rest i have uninstalled after a few days or weeks. Should i have paid for all that rubbish? I don't think so. On the other hand, i did pay for some programs i liked after trying them and thinking i would use them more than once or twice.


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.