View Full Version : C7 WLAN Connection

bullroar
02-01-2011, 11:08 PM
I have a problem with the C7 WLAN connection in that I cannot get it to disconnect and stay off.

When no applications are running the widget on the home screen refreshes and connects to the WLAN, I disconnect and/or switch it off from the widget and it just reconnects.

In settings>connectivity>settings switch to wireless lan is set to manual.

Any suggestions for turning WLAN off and keeping it off till I want to use it?

torrentblock
05-01-2011, 11:25 AM
i get this problem too. i can't help but eye my girlfriend's HTC desire with it's "on/off" buttons for 3g and wifi on her homepage.

bullroar
05-01-2011, 12:34 PM
I think the problem is actually related to the email function. I say this for two reasons:

1) On my son's C7 he had the mail widget on his home screen and had the WLAN problem. He binned the mail widget and the WLAN went off and stayed off until needed. Coincidence, maybe but...
2) The Wife also has the email widget running on a homescreen and wants to keep it. So I went poking in the email settings and was a bit surprised there is no way to set synching or send/receive to manual (or at least I couldn't find a setting). However if you set the retrieval frequency to "Every Day" bingo WLAN goes off and stays off. If you want to check your mail you have go in a do a manual synch.

To find the setting go Applications>mail>settings>relevant mailbox>synch>retrieval frequency and set it to "Every Day".

Terrible work around, anyone got a better one? Really something Nokia ought to sort out.

torrentblock
05-01-2011, 02:14 PM
thanks for the suggestion, i'll give it a go tonight. seems like a bit of a faff. the email client seems to be a bit naff at staying up to date anyway. it's so much quicker and easier to check via opera...