View Full Version : UK i8910 HD - Can I improve video recorder & keep Orange Maps?

KrissJ
07-04-2010, 12:53 PM
Hi

My question is in the title really but here's a bit more detail.

I've had my i8910 for over 6 months and in my opinion, it's definitely the best phone I've owned or even used.

I have the UK Orange firmware on my phone. If I install one of the upgraded firmwares, such as the HX version, will I lose Orange Maps? I'd really like to put the firmware on as, for one, I'm unhappy with the video recorder at the moment. However, I have the Orange Maps sat nav included in my contract so it's free for me to use. As I tend to use it quite a lot and find it a good preformer, I really don't want to lose this by installing other, improved firmware such as the HX. Is there any way I can get the improved sound, frame rate and A/V syncing in the video recorder, but keep the free sat nav?

Thanks in advance. Any advice would be a HUGE help as this has been bugging me for a long time now.

KrissJ :D

jstockda
14-04-2010, 05:00 AM
If you use the custom firmware thet HyperX has produced, there is also a link on his web page for a version of OVI maps. Ovi maps now has free navigation.
Unless Orange have a site where you can download their maps software for your phone, it will vanish when you install custom firmware.
Hope this helps