View Full Version : Possible to change E52-1 to E52-2 3G frequencies?

tufflibrarian
18-02-2010, 11:32 PM
I just got a Nokia E52-1 (RM-469, product code 0586662, firmware v022.009) and have been pretty impressed with it (much faster than my E71 and E51, although I do miss the QWERTY keyboard) and noticed that there is a new firmware update. Before I updated the firmware, I just wanted to see if there is a way to flash the software so that the phone will run on the NAM HSDPA frequencies like the E52-2 (RM-481). If so, would someone please tell me how? I'd like to have 3G coverage if possible. I searched several different forums and found a few threads that said they did it for S60 v3.1 phones, but I wasn't sure if they really worked without glitches and if anything would be different for v3.2. I'm hoping that it's just a firmware difference and not a hardware difference that can only be changed by switching out a chip or something. Since the E52 is relatively new and I've never even seen an actual E52-2 phone, I'm hoping that someone will be able to help. I'd appreciate any comments/instructions you can give me. Thank you. :)

jApi NL
25-02-2010, 12:00 AM
The frequencies are a hardware issue . Don't believe the software myth's . As I don't live in NAM , I believe only one provider (T-Mobile ?) supports 3G on your handset .

:) Regards jApi NL