View Full Version : Can we change the 'default' 3gp player??

willbrady
17-03-2003, 11:46 AM
Hi guys.

Any techies here know how to change the default .3gp player from RealOne to Hantro? Sure it must be easy - just a .ini some where with the mime/file types or somink pointing to realone which could be changed. I'm fed up of RealOne playing my recorded .3gp so bloody small when I know that Hantro can play them and at full size.

Another way would be to get RealOne to play at the correct size - anyone know how to do this?

Best :)

Will

willbrady
18-03-2003, 11:59 AM
....bounce....
Am I being ignored, or just no one have an answer?

;)

daniatt
18-03-2003, 12:37 PM
maybe no one knows how to :D

This one is not an answer to your questions coz I dont know how to resize and how to touch that .ini :D

You are using Hipcam to record? If yes, how about simply exiting the Hipcam after you've recorded then launch Hantro to play the video that you recorded. This is way... RealOne will not play the video since you will not press Replay ;)

You see.. I dont have an answer... to your questions... I just post so that you dont think that you are being ignored ;) :angel:

willbrady
18-03-2003, 12:49 PM
Haha - cheers.

Hantro will not replay them, I am using the new Nokia version that gives sound also but when you hit 'play' within the program it will still try to hand over to realone as this is the default player..
In fact the old version handed over to realone - this new Nokia version is bugged and actually gives an error as it hands over - so you have to quit hantro and open realone then select the file again, which is another anoying thing..

But try all this on the 7650 with the same Nokia player/recorder and it will play the files AND at full size because the 7650 has no default setting for realone trying to play the file so hantro plays it..

The program works better on the 7650 than the 3650 it was written for!

DOH ;)

Best

Will

daniatt
18-03-2003, 01:00 PM
Hantro will not replay them, I am using the new Nokia version that gives sound also but when you hit 'play' within the program it will still try to hand over to realone as this is the default player..

Hantro replays them... That is what I'm doing here. All videos recorded by Hipcam and Hantro is listed in hantro and can be played.

Configure your Hantro to use the MMC as Memory in use by hantro.

Videos recorded by hantro is saved in MMC and it is listed in hantro player and in Realone memory tab.

Videos recorded by Hipcam is saved in phones memory and is listed also in hantro (MMC tab) and in Realone phone memory tab

No error here maybe because I setup hantro to use the MMC as memory in use since I installed hantro 3.4 in the MMC then I installed Hipcam in the phones memory.

willbrady
18-03-2003, 01:13 PM
Hi.

I tried all that previously - Hantro still gives an error when trying to replay them.

What versian Firmware are you on? Maybe because I am on 1.34

I will format my phone and try again :)

Thanks for your help.

Will :)

....edit....
Nope still no good, uninstalled and reinstalled, put hantro on Phone mem and MMC mem both times I still get an error when trying to play files and have to use realone - oh well, must be the firmware I guess..

daniatt
18-03-2003, 01:53 PM
What versian Firmware are you on?
I have 2.50

Nope still no good, uninstalled and reinstalled, put hantro on Phone mem and MMC mem both times I still get an error when trying to play files and have to use realone - oh well, must be the firmware I guess..

Not sure if that is firmware issue :(

Did you formatted your phones' internal memory just now? if yes, you should format your MMC too because you've use the MMC to install applications and so that there will be no corruption on files.

Before installing hantro 3.4, configure first the hantro 2.6 to use the MMC as "memory in use" then proceed in installing Hantro 3.4 into the MMC. That is all I did with Hantro 3.4 and I got no error while playing the video in Hantro player or in Realone player.

Do you have Hipcam installed also?

willbrady
18-03-2003, 01:57 PM
I only formated internal mem.
I can format MMC tonight as most of my applications are on the laptop at home.

I will follow what you did exactly.
I do not have hipcam - perhaps I'll put that on and see what happens

Best :)

Will

daniatt
18-03-2003, 02:19 PM
Oh.. I thought you have hipcam installed :D

Hipcam can be installed only in the phones memory (it is using 207kb). I tried using it while installed in the MMC but error appears which means it can only be run if installed in the phones memory.

If you will use Hipcam... more trouble ;) because you will now have 2 recorder that being tortured by RealOne :D

Seriously, I have no problem using Hipcam, Hantro 3.4 and RealOne. In fact I'm using RealOne to listen to my mp3s. The only thing I hate with RealOne is the black border :( otherwise all is well (knock wood)

Good Luck