View Full Version : AVRCP compatible MP3 players with bookmarking

tallpaul
04-01-2010, 01:31 PM
I recently bought a Nokia 6760 (I assume this is the right forum for that by the way, although it's not in the list above yet) and Nokia BH-214 bluetooth stereo headset. So now I can listen to MP3s on my phone while on the move and, because of the magic of AVRCP, I can stop, start, fast forward and reverse, and go back and forward a track.

That's great. But there's a problem. This is using the standard S60 Music Player and that doesn't remember where it is in a track over power off/on. As the MP3s I'm normally listening to are 30 minute plus podcasts this is infuriating.

Now there are some third party MP3 players which do remember where they were across power off/on ... but after a lot of searching about I've yet to find one that supports AVRCP so the only way to pause playback is to dig the phone out of my pocket. I can't use the buttons on the BH-214.

So what I'm looking for is an MP3 player which supports AVRCP and remembers where it was across power on/off. I'm happy to pay for the right application. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

tallpaul
26-09-2010, 07:36 PM
I did eventually find a solution to this: LCG Jukebox (http://www.lonelycatgames.com/?app=lcgjukebox) does what I was looking for. You do have to register it after you've tried it out for a while but it only costs US$19.50 which isn't a lot. So if you want MP3 playback with bookmarking I recommend it however ...

... my problem now is that as a result of Steve Lichfield's enthusiasm for the device I've upgraded to a Samsung i8910 with HX-V8 (http://hx-custom-roms.com/?page_id=2246) firmware and on playback now it stutters at least once a minute. This didn't happen on the Nokia 6760, nor does it happen with the native Symbian music player. There's a suggestion elsewhere that it happens when another app is accessing the flash so it looks like LCG Jukebox needs to do more buffering in RAM.

I'm going to raise this on the LCG forum and see if I can get it resolved but meanwhile the software is still worth trying as it may be fine on your device.