View Full Version : the new 3650...

16-03-2003, 12:34 PM
I read from a post that the new 3650 comes with blue keypads or blue lights? Do you know of a website with a pictures of this...

JyriK
16-03-2003, 01:16 PM
There is a thread here that has a few pictures of it. Its only a week old or so.
Read a few threads, youll find it.

ST@RR
17-03-2003, 02:38 AM
I have a problem with my 3650. I read in the manual that you can assign a ringing tone for a particualar contact, so i did. But when that contact calls, the ringing tone that plays is the one that i assigned in my activated profile, not the assigned one in my contact details! i don't understand. Can somebody help me with this please.

JyriK
17-03-2003, 04:01 AM
Your problem might be that you have Firmware 1.xx ?? am I right?
Go to local NSC (Nokia Service Centre) for an upgrade.

daniatt
17-03-2003, 04:01 AM
Assigning a ringtone on all of my contacts has no problem at all. How did you set it?

Heres what I did:
1. Select a contact, open it
2. Options>Ringtone>Select a ringtone for this contact
3. in Options again>Defaults>Configure the numbers on which this contact will use as the defaults (e.g. Phone#, Text#, MMS# and e-mail). While doing this, you will notice that the ringtone that you selected earlier is also listed.

You're done :)
Try it again ;)

17-03-2003, 09:55 AM
my phone version is 2.5 already.

Thanks daniatt! I configured the contact's default numbers and everything's working perfectly now! :D

Thanks to everyone who tried to help me! :D

ST@RR
17-03-2003, 09:56 AM
oops! That was me. Forgot to login! Thanks again!

ST@RR
17-03-2003, 11:00 AM
I have another problem related to my first one. Even if i didn't assign a ringing tone to a particular contact and my activated profile ringing tone is for example "Samba", if that contact calls me, at first, the default ringing tone will sound but then it gets cut off and it changes to the Nokia Tune. Why is this?

daniatt
17-03-2003, 03:56 PM
hhmm thats another unusual issue LOL! but let's try to figure it out until someone give a solution :D

Do you have User Groups? Did you assigned a goup ringing tone? I'm asking this because as per our User Guide:

For an individual contact, the phone will always use the ringing tone that as assigned last. So, if you first change a group ringing tone and then the ringing tone of a single contact that belongs to that group, the ringing tone of the single contact will be used when the contacts calls you the next time.

I'm not sure if that is related to your problem :(

ST@RR
18-03-2003, 01:42 AM
nope... I ddin't assign any group ringing tone. I read that too in the manual.
I didn't assign any ringing tone to a contact but the ringing tone that plays is not the one i assigned in the activated profile in line 1. My line 2 ringing tone is nokia Tune... well, maybe the phone is confused with what to play! It's weird coz I'm using line 1. Maybe this is just one of the nokia phone bugs.

daniatt
18-03-2003, 05:14 AM
No, I don't think that it is a bug with firmware v2.50 because I have the same firmware here and what you are experiencing with the ringing tone does not happen here.

Maybe it has something to do with on which memory is being used by the applications that is why it is acting weird.

Try to double-check (verify) all the settings of all your applications. Over here, I installed all applications in the MMC. All messages, sound recorder, Video, Camera are using the MMC as the default memory. Doing this will not make the phone confuse. All my incoming messages are all automatically stored in the MMC. All of my Sound files (midi and wav) are automatically stored in the MMC too. All Images that was captured by the built-in Camera are automatically saved in MMC also and as well as all videos taken by Video recorder are saved in MMC because all of them are configured to use MMC as the memory.

If your sound recorder is using Phone memory, does your sound files are stored in the phones' memory also? If no, then that is the cause... (I think) Your sound files must be stored in the phones memory if you are using the phones memory for the sound recorder.

Give it another try to review all of your settings on which memory is being use by all applications.

Good Luck ;)

Seremify
18-03-2003, 07:17 AM
i too have ringtone problems. It always defaults to NOKIA TUNE instead of playing some of the larger/longer midi files.. even though they play fine in preview/selection.

daniatt
18-03-2003, 08:38 AM
Hi Seremify,

Your tones are saved in the phones memory or in the MMC? If in the phones memory, make sure that your Sound Recorder is using the phones memory. If in the MMC, make sure that your Sound Recorder is using the MMC. Verify it in the Sound Recorder Settings.

Over here I can use long wav and midis. 5 minutes ;) others are 4 minutes.

Seremify
18-03-2003, 09:54 AM
hmm good idea.

i'll get back to u~

ST@RR
18-03-2003, 09:57 AM
Hello! All my applications are using the MMC card. I configured it before so that everything will be stored in the memory card. Anyway, i'm still trying to figure out why my tone gets cut off with the nokia Tune. I think seremify is experiencing it also. :D

daniatt
18-03-2003, 10:12 AM
ST@RR,
Seremify found out what is the cause. Her/His sound files were saved in /sounds/simple folder instead of /sounds/digital
Maybe you can try to verify where are your sound files stored just like what Seremify did :)

ST@RR
18-03-2003, 11:49 AM
hmmm... I'll try to find that out. :) I'm still getting used to this phone and its new interface. I think my sound files are stored in the digital folder... coz it says it contains 7 files and i checked in my recorder, and it has 7 files also... hehe. Hope i'm making sense. Anyway, To be sure, how do i check if my sound files are really stored in the digital folder? and how do i change it if ever it isnt?

daniatt
18-03-2003, 12:40 PM
Anyway, To be sure, how do i check if my sound files are really stored in the digital folder? and how do i change it if ever it isnt?

Use any file manager (e.g. seleQ, efileman, fexplorer) to browse and look for your tones in E:

Also dont forget to verify in Sound Recorder>Options>Settings that you are actually using Memory Card and not the phones memory

ST@RR
18-03-2003, 12:41 PM
ok! thank you! I'll do that

ST@RR
19-03-2003, 09:12 AM
can 3650 read WAV files? I made some ringing tones in WAV format and these are what i use in my profile ringing tone. Maybe this is the cause of my problem. Do you think the phone couldn't recognize it as ringing tone that's why it gets cut off and it changes to the default tone which is the Nokia Tune which i think is in MIDI format...?

ST@RR
19-03-2003, 10:04 AM
my file format is WAV GSM by the way... not WAV only

daniatt
19-03-2003, 01:52 PM
can 3650 read WAV files?
Yes
Do you think the phone couldn't recognize it as ringing tone that's why it gets cut off and it changes to the default tone which is the Nokia Tune which i think is in MIDI format...?
ARe you sure that the tones are in /sounds/digital and not in /sounds/simple? Just asking... :)

Your problem is strange to me because my tones (mid and wav) are recognized by the phone and actually being played nicely when someone calls me :angel:

my file format is WAV GSM by the way... not WAV only

err.. my first to hear WAV GSM format :( where did you get that? the tone file extension is exampletone.wav? if yes, then that is wav.. but how come it called WAV GSM ? (i'm confuse)

ST@RR
22-03-2003, 10:41 AM
it's WAV but i think there are different kinds of wav... it's a smaller one, i mean, the ringing tone will get smaller if converted to wav gsm than wav only...

Anyway, i solved the problem... I converted another tone to WAV, but not GSM format. It works fine now.

I'm sure my tone is in the digital folder :)

Thanks!

JyriK
22-03-2003, 11:43 AM
err.. my first to hear WAV GSM format :( where did you get that? the tone file extension is exampletone.wav? if yes, then that is wav.. but how come it called WAV GSM ? (i'm confuse)
There is a thread in Series60 Multimedia section, that explains this. Go check it out.
But basically it is just a way to compress wav file.

daniatt
22-03-2003, 03:19 PM
thanks Jyrik... but no need for me to search and read about it coz google searching explained it to me the other day... ;) thanks :)