View Full Version : To users of Photographer

daniatt
16-03-2003, 06:38 AM
I've been reading good feedbacks for Photographer v2.0. May I ask the users if the support of Openbit is OK? I mean, do they promptly respond on support request?

Also, is it possible to install the application in the MMC? I cannot try because there is no trial/demo version :(

willbrady
16-03-2003, 08:24 AM
I bought Photographer, can't remember whre I installed it as I took it of again 10 mins later.
I could honestly see no difference in picture quality with photographer in it's best setting to the built in cam software.
Thats not to say the proggy is not good - if you like the special effects then it's great and there is now more of them, but if you want it expecting to increase the picture quality even further on your 3650 then you may be dissapointed.

Best

Will

daniatt
16-03-2003, 08:47 AM
If theres not much difference on the quality, I guess no need to purchase it. Unless the developer will let me try even for a week but sigh.. theres no trial version.

I'm not after the special effects since I can edit the captured images by adding special effects using Photoshop or Ulead PhotoExpress that are currently installed on my PC.

I've installed the trial version of CameraFX, I'm not satisfied with the result. I think I'll just use the built-in Cam and enhance the image using my Photoshop or Ulead photoexpress.

Thanks will for the quick useful input ;)

JyriK
16-03-2003, 01:24 PM
The Photographer is intended for 7650 phone. And its correction algorithms
are made for just that. So it only should make the pictures worse on 3650 as
it doesnt have as much distortion in the picture.
Wait for 3650 version of photographer. (Same goes for any picture app)

faquick
16-03-2003, 02:11 PM
hemm jyrik... :oops:

version 2.0 is *ALREADY* optimized for 3650 too

well... now I'm off to a comics trade fair, I will make some more pictures... then I will send Rafe something... ;)

daniatt
16-03-2003, 02:20 PM
version 2.0 is *ALREADY* optimized for 3650 too

Yup, that is why it attracted me. In Handango, it says: Compatible Devices/Operating System: Nokia 3650, Nokia 7650

I hope developers will provide to Handango or to AAS additional info on whether the application can be installed safely in the MMC or must only be installed in the phones' internal memory. 3650 Customers/Users will surely love to know it ;)

faquick
16-03-2003, 02:22 PM
I hope developers will provide to Handango or to AAS additional info on whether the application can be installed safely in the MMC or must only be installed in the phones' internal memory

you can safely install to MMC, I am using it since about 2 weeks now, with no problems at all

JyriK
16-03-2003, 02:35 PM
Ooops :oops: Havent seen that... damn :D

daniatt
16-03-2003, 02:36 PM
Thanks for the info faquick. Too bad there's no trial version for me to try it :(

MOUSEY
16-03-2003, 04:51 PM
I had bought the software when I was travelling in overseas about 2 weeks ago. The software was okay but I merely was complaining about the following issue (in which they have yet to come back to me... :( )

1) Memory management : Usually when I am ready to snap pictures, the software would give me "Memory full" error. Perhaps was because I have MiniGPS and EProfiles running at the background. Shutting it down would usually be fine.

2) AFAIK, You can certainly install onto the MMC but then again some components would automatically be installed onto the Phone memory itself. But recently I had "formatted" my phone and thus I am still waiting for OpenBit to get me my Serial number again. Until then, I can't confirm my claim on this one (yet).

Anyway here's a link on the Zoom capability of Photographer 2.0 in which I had posted somewhere else.

http://www.nokia3650.net/forum/showthread.php?s=abc5639b25e45dab3978d72c6f783a5d& threadid=668

daniatt
16-03-2003, 06:02 PM
AFAIK, You can certainly install onto the MMC but then again some components would automatically be installed onto the Phone memory itself.
Does the Memory Full message appears also if the Photographer is installed in the internal memory?
Anyway here's a link on the Zoom capability of Photographer 2.0 in which I had posted somewhere else.

http://www.nokia3650.net/forum/showthread.php?s=abc5639b25e45dab3978d72c6f783a5d& threadid=668
Thanks! I'll have a look :)

MOUSEY
17-03-2003, 10:24 AM
I had just received my code from OpenBit and sorry, my claim was not true.

The partial installation (part in memcard and part in phone mem) was due to upgrading of Photographer 1.0 to 2.0. If you are purchasing 2.0 and not upgrading, you wont get the partial installation problem.

daniatt
17-03-2003, 10:33 AM
Hi MOUSEY,

Thanks for the information once again. Your images in the link that you provided is cool. The zoom function attracted me this time.

Glad to hear that Openbit finally send you your code :)

Also, thanks for the heads-up that people that who will buy Photographer 2.0 will not have the partial installation problem in 3650 if installed in the MMC.

Cool...!

:)