View Full Version : How to disable E52/E55 email auto-complete wizard?

davidgilson
16-10-2009, 02:23 PM
I've just wiped my E55's memory and am setting everything back up how I had it.*

I'm trying to set up my e-mail accounts, although the auto-complete wizard can't contact Nokia's server. It would save me a lot of time if I could just type the details in manually, although I can't seem to get to a point of doing this until the phone has contacted the server - which it can't!

Is there a way I'm missing that allows you to set up an email account, the old fashioned way, y'know, manually? :rolleyes:

*I'm doing this because when I tried to backup the internal memory to the memory card, I kept getting an error that I didn't have enough free memory, even though I had 33MB free. Checking file sizes on the internal memory with X-Plore, I saw that I only had 6.2MB of files internally. I decided that the best way to get it to report the correct free space was to wipe the memory. So I backed up the internal memory with PC Suite, did *#7370#, and restored. Although PC Suite repeatedly failed to restore my internal memory, so I'm having to put everything back manually.

davidgilson
22-10-2009, 10:32 AM
I didn't get around this one. I just had to keep trying. As long as you can get some contact with the server, I think it helps if you put bogus details in, and then it will give you the full set up form to complete.