View Full Version : How to move data from old SE K800i to 6720c? PC Suite, Google Sync, OVI,...?

GDavids
16-10-2009, 01:04 PM
Hi everyone,

My girlfriend has now decided to buy the 6720 classic, her first Symbian S60 device. Before, she used a Sony Ericsson K800i, whose contacts (and calendar) entries she would love to transfer to the 6720c.

I, myself, have always had all those contacts in sync with Outlook. Therefore, I only needed to setup synchronisation with Outlook for every new phone. However, my girlfriend hasn't used Outlook yet.

What option would you suggest to go for?

So far, I figured out that the options would be the following:

Set up Outlook (2000/2003) and sync both devices with it.
Set up a SyncML synchronization to whatever SyncML server is recommendable on both devices.
Set up Google Sync via SyncML for the K800i and via Mail for Exchange for the 6720c.

Would Nokia's Ovi services be an option? Is there a way to get all information from the SE K800i into Ovi?

I would highly appreciate your comments and remarks!

jApi NL
16-10-2009, 04:41 PM
SE K800i matches with Outlook . Also does the Nokia 6720 C . So that must be the easiest . In the Nokia there is also the Data Transfer Application . Menu > Instruments > DataTransfer . Works with bluetooth . Only don't know if it matches the SE with its proprietary OS .
See what Nokia says about it :
http://europe.nokia.com/get-support-and-software/learn-how/phone-to-phone-transfer

Success !

:) Regards jApi NL