View Full Version : How to disable i8910's shutter sound?

ohlalayeah
02-10-2009, 05:22 AM
How to disable i8910's shutter sound?

jApi NL
02-10-2009, 08:38 AM
Did you try Silent Profile allready ?

:) Regards jApi NL

ohlalayeah
02-10-2009, 09:33 AM
Did you try Silent Profile allready ?

:) Regards jApi NL

This is not workable.

rleader
02-10-2009, 01:33 PM
Hi - NB I am using xxII1 firmware now, but as far as I can remember, it's the same for the other firmwares I've used:

Start the Camera application (the option you are looking for is in the Camera app itself)

Bottom left of the main Camera app screen is a little 'cog' or settings icon (Cog = as in gear i.e. what you would find in a car's gearbox);

Now, notice that to the right of the Settings word, there are two tabs, one has a Camera icon on it, the other has another 'cog' icon.

Tap the Cog icon and go to page 2/2

there is now an option called 'Shutter sound'
there are 3 types of sound you can choose, the 4th type being 'OFF'

Choose OFF and you are done!

:icon14:

ohlalayeah
02-10-2009, 01:39 PM
Hi - NB I am using xxII1 firmware now, but as far as I can remember, it's the same for the other firmwares I've used:

Start the Camera application (the option you are looking for is in the Camera app itself)

Bottom left of the main Camera app screen is a little 'cog' or settings icon (Cog = as in gear i.e. what you would find in a car's gearbox);

Now, notice that to the right of the Settings word, there are two tabs, one has a Camera icon on it, the other has another 'cog' icon.

Tap the Cog icon and go to page 2/2

there is now an option called 'Shutter sound'
there are 3 types of sound you can choose, the 4th type being 'OFF'

Choose OFF and you are done!

:icon14:

Not that easy. I am using II2. No such option. that's why I ask here, hope someone knows where is the config file and how to modify it in order to disable the camera shutter sound.