View Full Version : entering data using T9 with keypad

sahli
09-03-2003, 01:20 PM
I was wondering since the Nokia 3650 has a unusual shape of the keypad how fast you get used to write SMS or emails using the T9. Are you getting used to it at all where your speed in entering data is as fast as with the normal/old fashioned keypad?

I have my phone now 2 days and I (try) write a lot of SMS but I am having difficulties to get used to it.

what is your experience?

willbrady
09-03-2003, 01:36 PM
You soon get used to it.
I'm just as fast now with 2 thumbs, I think it's easier one handed too.
The white led on white keys make the keys a little hard to read in daylight thou.
But I read you can colour the keys from underneath with a blue marker and it'll be easier to read!
Use a dry wipe marker and you can wipe it off and have a different coulour every week.

Will

Seremify
10-03-2003, 07:09 AM
I use the standard white keylight and white keypad.. I don't have any problems and once you are used to a phone you don't read the letters..

Here's my technique, I hold phone with both hands and use the thumbs to glide over the keypad. The left thumb glides over keys 1-5 (left half) and my right thumb does the 6-0. With this I just keep sliding back and forth and then it makes things easier. Sure its not as fast as my 8310 typing but its good enough; and the new techniques such as using * to insert symbols (even with T9 enabled) make it better. The interface is also way nicer to look at.

Now if you want to improve your speed, what you should do is copy your phone book to PC (or view it on your phone if you cant do the above) and then type everyone in manually. This greatly improves your speed and accuracy as well as familiarises you with the phone and keypad. Also don't try to play Snake, after a week nearly I still can't play Snake on high speed properly. (Stupid fat thumb can't press 5-way pad)