View Full Version : Video editor

bartmobile
20-07-2009, 08:21 AM
I'm using the Omnia HD for a week now. It's an amazing phone, but something seems to be missing.

Where is the video editor? When I browse through the pics I took with the phones cam, I can click 'edit'. But when I browse vids, I cant. The option is there, but I can't click it. Has anyone else noticed this? I can't find anything about this on the internet, so I wonder it's a bug on my phone...

The point is, this video editor is one of the main reasons (combined with the camera) to buy this phone. I'm a filmmaker, and being able to shoot, edit and upload to youtube on the road, means new opportunities to make short films. Make an entire film imeadiately when you have an idea! So therefor this phone would be a great solution. But now the editor doesn't seem to be there...

Samsung advertises with the camera AND the editor - at least in the Nederlands (see www.samsungmobile.com) There are several vids on the web showing the video editor. So does anyone know how to unlock it? Or do you need the IG2 update for this? Or is it (which I hope not) false information?

Thanks in advance!

capitaine
21-07-2009, 01:03 AM
no video editing for now, unfortunately.. :(

2more
21-07-2009, 01:05 PM
Next firmware probably

bartmobile
21-07-2009, 03:07 PM
Next firmware probably

Is that something you know, or is it the same wish I have...?

Unplugged
21-07-2009, 03:18 PM
Nokia Binned it off their phones for some reason. It was ace on the N95 but now they have separated it it all into its component parts which takes for ever and a day to do anything useful with and you cant edit for mms.

bartmobile
21-07-2009, 03:55 PM
Nokia Binned it off their phones for some reason. It was ace on the N95 but now they have separated it it all into its component parts which takes for ever and a day to do anything useful with and you cant edit for mms.

I also never understood why Apple is so proud of their 'video editor' on the iPhone 3Gs... It cuts, thats all! It can't even combine two separate clips! Even my old Sony Ericsson w800 could do real editing! (titles, fades, audio dubbing, etc.) I've seen other Samsung models doing some real editing. They advertise it all over the place for the Omnia HD, but when the phone is available, the function is gone... Isn't that just misleading..?