View Full Version : New Vibrations: Immersion Adds Rich Feel to Symbian

Richard_Bloor
19-07-2009, 09:39 PM
The Vibra API on Symbian smartphones has enabled developers to add ‘feel’ to applications for some time. However, a new generation of haptic feedback is being brought to the Symbian ecosystem by Immersion Corporation. This article explores the possibilities that may be offered by Immersion’s API and tools.

Read on in the full article (http://www..com/features/item/New_Vibrations_Immersion_Adds_Rich_Feel_to_Symbian __.php).

Tzer2
20-07-2009, 02:36 PM
It should be interesting to see what happens if haptics can be localised to particular parts of the screen. At the moment it's a very general kind of feedback.

The discussion of how the vibration feedback feels is very interesting too, I personally don't like the way haptic feedback currently feels like it's tickling you but if it could be made more clicky I'd probably be a lot keener on using it.

“Developers should not be saturating their applications with haptic effects,” says Dennis. “Feedback needs to enhance the user experience and overuse certainly won’t achieve that. Provide too much feedback and the user will probably turn the feature off.

Absolutely, it's great that a haptic development company realises this.

I turned off the default vibration on my 5800 and the loan N97 because I just couldn't stand it being present for every single touch, but I do appreciate the occasional vibration from things like switching it on or alerting me to a call in silent mode.

eralvance
27-11-2009, 07:16 PM
Can you add to this product hide my ip antivirus feature? Hides IP plus antivirus. That is wonderful

sub.workes
01-12-2009, 10:08 AM
Take it back to where you had it installed. hard to diagnosis over internet.

N/A
01-12-2009, 03:30 PM
Broken link in origina post.

gogiclare
22-02-2011, 04:29 PM
Symbian sets are very useful many times and I love to use them.
---------------------
electronic cigarette (http://www.electroniccigarettetavern.com)