View Full Version : Facebook widget

gary_dexter
07-07-2009, 12:21 PM
Hi,

When using the hardware keyboard for the Facebook widget, for some reason the keys have defaulted to typing the symbols in blue rather than the numbers and letters.

The only way I can type the letters is by holding the shift key and typing, but then they are all in capitals. The blue function button is not stuck or anything, because I can type in Notes or Messaging ok with no problems, it just seems to be in the Facebook app.

Also I find it difficult for the on-screen keyboard to come on screen when using it to for writing a message or wall post etc. It rarely comes up, usually only after about 10 taps of the text box does it appear.

Then give it a few minutes and everything will be working fine again as if nothing happened.:con?

munkiii
07-07-2009, 12:41 PM
I don't like the facebook app much, i prefer to use the mobile site (http://m.facebook.com).

I only use the app to upload a photo or 2 (i didn't seem to find a way to upload more than 1 photo at a time) if i'm away from my pc.

Unplugged
07-07-2009, 02:14 PM
The facebook widget is pointless and I mean absolutely pointless without notification support.

You can't comment on, or read comments on your own status etc and if someone replies to a comment you have posted on someone elses photo or status you can't see it. The news feed also misses out tonnes of stuff and you cant have the wigit and the mobile site co-exist at the same time as one will boot the other out because of face books irritating restriction on concurrent logins.

I turned it off which is a shame because I like the status updates on the home screen.

zxon
07-07-2009, 05:17 PM
It also doesn't inform you of event invitations, and you can't "like" anything either.

The worst thing though.... no chat!

[EDIT] The events thing, not strictly true. I just had to press that big ol' button labelled "Events", strangely enough.

zxon
11-07-2009, 04:40 PM
I've noticed something else about the Facebook widget. When I found out how to look at events, I noticed that the times were all an hour out. For example, there's an event I'm going to tonight which is meant to be 9pm-12am, and it says so on the Facebook site. However, in the widget it shows up as 20:00 - 23:00.

I've changed my clock, timezone, and daylight savings etc and it hasn't changed it.

Has anyone else noticed this?

BanziBarn
12-07-2009, 09:02 AM
I get the stuck blue button too in the Facebook App.

Micky!
12-07-2009, 11:28 AM
Lots of bugs on V10 with my FB app. Hoping V11 sorts out most of these. Many are failed connections, and script alerts.

zxon
16-07-2009, 04:43 PM
I've got a new issue with my Facebook app. When I try to load my news feed, I get the following error:

Error retrieving news feed:
Unexpected response from server.
Parse error
However, everything else works fine. Has anyone else got this?

zxon
17-07-2009, 07:00 AM
Seriously, anyone? This is driving me mad!!

davecozens
17-07-2009, 07:07 AM
Not seen that one. it does look like it's working off an xml feed so perhaps there's some bad data...

what have your friends been up to? messing with special characters?

S-B
17-07-2009, 08:51 AM
Seriously, anyone? This is driving me mad!!

Most likely its a bug we all have problems :con? sometimes I won't get a response on the widget screen and nothing works!, no chat, script errors.

Yolmol
17-07-2009, 09:10 AM
*this 'blue button' button is one of the main things that has been fixed in the v11 firmware update - I only had it happen when trying to update my status though....

zxon
17-07-2009, 04:27 PM
Not seen that one. it does look like it's working off an xml feed so perhaps there's some bad data...

what have your friends been up to? messing with special characters?
That's what I thought, but I haven't seen any on the full site. Parse errors usually means there's something wrong with the data that's being read by the program isn't it?

[EDIT] YAY! It's working now! I guess the "corrupt" data is now in an older news feed post so it isn't being downloaded by the widget!