View Full Version : N97 O2 Mobile Web Settings

Zyyb
07-07-2009, 08:28 AM
Hi Guys,

For some reason I seem to be the only O2 user with this problem? I've got My N9, so far, I love it, the keyboard is almost reason enough alone!

However, i can't get my mobile web settings to work, i called O2 and the guy told me that they don't support it yet so he couldn't send me them, so I dug out my N96 settings but they wouldn't work either because the DNS wouldn't let me put 200.200 at the end, it wanted .255.255

Can someone help? I can't set it up properly without the web and need to show it off ;-)

Thanks for your help!

Zyyb

martynb
07-07-2009, 09:04 AM
Doesn't it set up automatically when you boot using O2 sim card?
Go to applications-sett. wizard and it should give you list of operators available for auto-setup.
I use N97 with O2 contract sim card with no problems.

ironass
07-07-2009, 09:04 AM
Does this help?

http://www.filesaveas.com/o2wap.html

Zyyb
07-07-2009, 09:44 AM
Thanks for your help guys,

I tried entering the dns again, but with the onscreen keyboard in portrait mode and it worked!

Now all i need is to get rid of this Vodafone my web softkey on the homepage, (i'm on O2 and it seems pointless anyway when everything is connected to the web!)

ironass
07-07-2009, 09:53 AM
Thanks for your help guys,

I tried entering the dns again, but with the onscreen keyboard in portrait mode and it worked!

Now all i need is to get rid of this Vodafone my web softkey on the homepage, (i'm on O2 and it seems pointless anyway when everything is connected to the web!)

To remove the "My web" ... Options > Edit content > Options >Right selection key... you can then change the key for an Application or Bookmark.

Hope this helps. :)

Zyyb
07-07-2009, 10:27 AM
Thanks Ian,

you've been a great help! :icon14:

david1949
22-07-2009, 10:11 PM
I have been given a Nokia N95 8GB phone by a friend as he has got a new phone. Now when i put in my O2 pay as you go card in i can make and receive calls but that is all. As the phone was set for Vodafone i need to reset it for O2. So i went onto the O2 web site for the settings but it wont give me the settings it tells me to contact customer service . Now i have tried this three times over three days they put you in a Que it has cost me 6.00 so i have give up.

So what i want to know is there any one on the forum that could help me please.

zxon
22-07-2009, 10:57 PM
Have you tried the settings on this site?

http://www.filesaveas.com/gprs.html

Unplugged
22-07-2009, 11:44 PM
Vodafone took out the auto setup so the phone doesent setup when you insert another providers sim

jamessmith01
23-07-2009, 08:14 AM
The o2 website (http://getsettings.o2.co.uk/ServeSettingsWebApp/) also allows the settings to be downloaded - if N97 isn't there, try a similar device?

david1949
23-07-2009, 08:52 AM
Thank you all for your help but i seem to have another problem my O2 sim is 8 years old and i have been told that i have to get O2 to update it with MMS +GPRS . Don't know what that means but i have sent O2 C/S a E Mail so thank you all for your help keep the replies coming in as i would like to know what the above means.
P S i want to update the maps on this phone do i have to buy them from nokia also can i download them to my P C and then onto the phone. this is all so new to me and i feel so stupid that i cant work it out but as i have a motorhome the walking maps would be of great use to me when i am touring around again thanks guys for your help.

jamessmith01
23-07-2009, 09:25 AM
You should be able to get o2 to post out a new SIM card for you.

macwhu
23-07-2009, 02:23 PM
dont try and enter it all yourself.

use settings wizard. it works fine with o2

in fact mine started working perfectly with o2 on insertion
and i got a txt from o2 with the settings on automatically.

totally good experience.

i suspect yout 8 year old sim may be the issue - you need a new '3g' sim probably for the full effects to kick in - my sim is about 4/5 years old.

david1949
24-07-2009, 12:01 PM
THANK YOU TO ALL FOR OF YOU FOR HELP ON THIS TOPIC I HAVE NOW SORTED OUT THE
O2 SETTINGS BUT CANT USE THE WEB ON THE PHONE BEEN INTO THE O2 SHOP IN TOWN AND GOT SOME HELP WITH THE PROBLEMS. SO BECAUSE I CANT GET THE WEB ON THE PHONE I CANT UPDATE THE MAPS SO I WILL BUY A TOM TOM INSTEAD. THE PROBLEM IS THE SOFTWARE THAT VODAFONE PUT IN NEEDS TO BE STRIPED OUT AND NEW O2 SOFTWARE PUT IN THIS WOULD LET ME INTO THE WEB THROUGH O2. AS IT STANDS IF I GO ONTO THE WEB O2 CONTACTS TO VODAFONE AND THE MAPS THINK I HAVE TWO INTERNET providers and tried to close one of them down I RANG NOKIA THEY TELL ME THAT IF I BUY A MAP LICENCES AND PUT IT ON THE PHONE I STILL NEED THE WEB TO ACTIVATE IT SO THAT IT THROUGH IT IN THE BIN.

jamessmith01
24-07-2009, 01:46 PM
THANK YOU TO ALL FOR OF YOU FOR HELP ON THIS TOPIC I HAVE NOW SORTED OUT THE
O2 SETTINGS BUT CANT USE THE WEB ON THE PHONE BEEN INTO THE O2 SHOP IN TOWN AND GOT SOME HELP WITH THE PROBLEMS. SO BECAUSE I CANT GET THE WEB ON THE PHONE I CANT UPDATE THE MAPS SO I WILL BUY A TOM TOM INSTEAD. THE PROBLEM IS THE SOFTWARE THAT VODAFONE PUT IN NEEDS TO BE STRIPED OUT AND NEW O2 SOFTWARE PUT IN THIS WOULD LET ME INTO THE WEB THROUGH O2. AS IT STANDS IF I GO ONTO THE WEB O2 CONTACTS TO VODAFONE AND THE MAPS THINK I HAVE TWO INTERNET providers and tried to close one of them down I RANG NOKIA THEY TELL ME THAT IF I BUY A MAP LICENCES AND PUT IT ON THE PHONE I STILL NEED THE WEB TO ACTIVATE IT SO THAT IT THROUGH IT IN THE BIN.

macwhu has said in the post above you that it's possible to get the N97 working online with o2. I strongly suggest you try before wasting money on a separate satnav unit!

Have you considering debranding to remove the vodafone customisation? Also have you checked to see if you can delete the vodafone connectivity in the settings?

david1949
26-07-2009, 05:13 PM
macwhu has said in the post above you that it's possible to get the N97 working online with o2. I strongly suggest you try before wasting money on a separate satnav unit!

Have you considering debranding to remove the vodafone customisation? Also have you checked to see if you can delete the vodafone connectivity in the settings?

Thank you for your post i would not know how to go about this process as i am not all that up in that high tech stuff and sounds way over my head.

Unplugged
27-07-2009, 11:11 AM
dont try and enter it all yourself.
use settings wizard. it works fine with o2

No it doesen't . it *would* work if Vodafone hadn't removed it from their branded firmware.

i suspect yout 8 year old sim may be the issue - you need a new '3g' sim probably for the full effects to kick in - my sim is about 4/5 years old.

Maybe, although the sim profile has nothing to do with MMS. MMS works byt he phone receiving a formatted data SMS (known as a push message) which gives details of where to retrieve the MMS message. This will most likely be a settings issue.

An old sim MAY effect the phones ability to use 3G as the authentication and handshaking is different on GSM and UTMS (although it doesn't have to be) again MMS works fine on 2G va GPRS so its most likely a settings issue. If your phone works in a 3G handset and can pick up a 3G signal then it will be fine or your network uses GSM authentication on UTMS.

Maps can also be downloaded offline using the OVI Maps Loaded so you dont technically need an internet connection at all to use GPS.

Personally if the OP has the technical knowledge I would say try debranding it or if they dont simply take it to the local pikey down the market who will do it for 10 or 15.

$w1tch
23-05-2010, 10:23 PM
n96 settings work ... call o2 customer care have them sent out =]:)

dez_borders
24-05-2010, 11:50 AM
I have been given a Nokia N95 8GB phone by a friend as he has got a new phone. Now when i put in my O2 pay as you go card in i can make and receive calls but that is all. As the phone was set for Vodafone i need to reset it for O2. So i went onto the O2 web site for the settings but it wont give me the settings it tells me to contact customer service . Now i have tried this three times over three days they put you in a Que it has cost me 6.00 so i have give up.

So what i want to know is there any one on the forum that could help me please.

Text the word ACTIVE to 2020 if you are using an O2 SIM.