View Full Version : Organizing Applications for Efficiency

rdcinhou
06-07-2009, 01:41 PM
I know that this is not problem, but it is a MINOR annoyance--so in the event that the Developers @ Nokia might be listening for the sake of IMPROVING the UI...

Since the typical application selection screen only has the D-key and sidebar scrubber scrolling (i.e. no "flicking" or kinetic scrolling to select), I for one would prefer to keep any required scrolling to a minimum to get to my desired application.

Folders are a great way to manage the icons as they get more numerous.

In Options-> Organize for Applications users can create folders and move applications into these folders to make the UI more Symbian in appearance and less iPhone-like.

Home screen shortcuts aside where you are limited to at most 8 short icons, folders are the way to manage those beyond your 8 favorites.

It follows then, that for screen efficiency, it would be nice to select the actual placement of the icon on the screen so that the most used ones are in the easiest-to-reach position.

HOWEVER...Nokia chose to include a FOLDER NAVIGATION icon in the upper leftmost position of the Organize display so that all icons are DISPLACED by one in a wraparound fashion from their final position.

Can't there be a better way to do this to be more WYSIWYG?

BanziBarn
06-07-2009, 04:22 PM
That is very annoying I must agree.

rdcinhou
06-07-2009, 05:26 PM
A clarification...the Folder Navigation icon only shows in Folders below the Root Folder.

The Root Folder icons are displayed the same before and after Oganize mode.

Mike.mp
06-07-2009, 07:14 PM
Don't worry, soon Nokia will make phones on Android :)

csc12345678
07-07-2009, 04:44 PM
Currently, I use the List view. It would be good to have numbers beside the menu item so that I can press the number on the key and go to the item directly. Much faster.

In Winmobile, they have 99 speed-dials. So you can associate any applications for files with the speed-dial. If you have frequently used applications or file, that's the quickest way to get to it. Just a suggestion.