View Full Version : N97 TV Out

rdcinhou
05-07-2009, 10:07 AM
Why is it that I have not seen anyone commenting yet on the quality of the TV-out feature of the N97?

I know you need the Nokia CA-75U cable:

http://europe.nokia.com/find-products/accessories/all-accessories/memory-cards-and-cables/cables/nokia-cable-ca-75u

These are listed on the internet from US$8.99 to US$12.99

I thought about this yesterday while playing some Powerpoint presentations.

BTW...the .ppt slideshow viewer in Quickoffice works well. :)

But the .ppt viewer in OfficeSuite ver 5.10 seemed to hang up in slideshow mode :con? and did not respond to any keypresses or screen touches. I had to Kill the application (thank goodness that feature was added in the latest firmware upgrade!). I'm trying to get my money back from Handango on this one. The application is just not ready for S60 5th edition.

zxon
05-07-2009, 10:31 AM
I've tried it out with a couple of films I made for my N97. The quality is excellent but the framerate isn't as good as it is on the phone's screen. The films were at 30fps and it seemed to be playing back through TV-out at a rate closer to 15fps.

rdcinhou
05-07-2009, 10:35 AM
That means good enough for PowerPoint slideshows, but not good enough for video playback?

zxon
05-07-2009, 10:44 AM
I suppose its good enough to watch a film... if you don't know what the original framerate of the video was :D