View Full Version : Can you save contacts to D Drive?

Yolmol
04-07-2009, 06:13 PM
With the pathetically small c drive on the n97 I would like to save my contacts on the D or memory drive - it doesn't give me the option though.

I have just had to hard reset it as it was unresponsive, have lost all contacts, calender entries and all information entered in the last week. I'm beginining to lose patience with this phone - I don't understand how nokia could release something so bad and keep us hanging for updates

jApi NL
04-07-2009, 08:10 PM
What about going to Contacts > Options > Mark All > Copy to Card or Mass Memory ?
Copied Contacts are filed in Mass/Card Memory in folder Others . From there you can copy them back after hard reset

:) Regards jApi NL

barretta
04-07-2009, 08:16 PM
here is the post I've just put on another post where someone is having the same problem:

I had exactly the same problem on mine. I was using MailforExchange which defaults to store the emails in the same location as the contacts. If you change the location of the contacts, emails and all other messages will also change.

Phazelhurst kindly offered these instructions:
1. Click on your inbox
2. Hit Back to go to "Messaging" menu
3. Options Menu
4. Settings
5. Other
6. "Memory in Use" : move it to E: Mass memory.

This works very well. However, you may find as I did, that MailforExchange, the email voice reader and other bits and bobs behave erratically once you have changed this location. Once I'd uninstalled and reinstalled mailforexchange everything worked fine and I haven't had any issue with the D Drive running out of space since.

Hope this helps.