View Full Version : Enabling theme transitions for anyone who doesnt know about it

lightbulb
03-07-2009, 04:46 PM
Just a quick heads up for anyone that isn't aware that the N97 can use theme transitions. Just remembered as mine weren't enabled out of the box, as with the screen auto-rotate, and had to turn it on manually.

Settings > Themes > General > Options softkey > Theme Effects > On

...and rotation sensor instructions, as it was mentioned:

Settings > Phone > Sensor Settings > Turning Control > Auto Rotate Display, ticked.

Zyyb
15-07-2009, 10:57 AM
Was looking for this, was hoping with V11, it might look like it does on that initial advert where everything glides around easily.

Doesn't really seem to do much except slow my phone down? and the homescreen fades rather then cuts to black, doesnt do what it should and yet still makes it run slowly?

rdcinhou
15-07-2009, 11:27 AM
Yes, the default FADE transition is nothing but an aggravation--it slows down response. Best turn it off.

A lot of noise has been made on this site and on Nokia Conversations about how the promotional pre-release videos of the N97 showed the cool 3D individual widget rotations as the transition when changing from portrait to landscape.

Users thought that this was how the N97 functioned.

Some speculate that this transition will be offered in a later release of firmware.

I think that Nokia will make it part of a theme and ask you to pay for it on the Ovi store.

grimmy58
15-07-2009, 08:31 PM
I'd almost go so far as to say that it's an issue for trading standards. There are adverts running here in the UK that are still showing the widgets rotating.

Naughty Nokia!

On the other hand, if the current theme transition effects slow the phone down, imagine what the rotating widgets will do!?

davecozens
16-07-2009, 06:23 AM
I want spinning widgets. And 360 degree screen rotation...

BanziBarn
16-07-2009, 07:10 AM
Thanks for this. I'd previously turned this on but it must have got turned off during one of my resets.

I've not noticed it do much though although it did make me notice a new Shazam Theme which has appeared - I was only thinking the other day that I liked the battery and signal insdicators that appear when using Shazam so I was quite pleased! :icon14: