View Full Version : N97 NAM Upgraded to v11

phazlehurst
01-07-2009, 06:37 PM
Notes:
1) no feedback on improvements yet
2) no OTA available here.
3) On board updater says "nothing there"... from Phone - Device Updates.
4) SW Updates (the new icon) said there was an update, but required PC install.
5) Ovi Suite 2 failed on Windows 7 to install it (but told me an update was there)
6) NSU fails to run Windows 7, so went to Windows XP and it was great for update, no drama.

HTH

P

rdcinhou
01-07-2009, 07:49 PM
Thanks for the status report for NAM users.

I do not want to change the device code to do a Eur version firmware upgrade. There is too much complexity to the device and I really don't want to lose all the data that I've entered so far.

Maybe tonight there'll be something for the NAM users.

phazlehurst
01-07-2009, 09:54 PM
It's possible that OTA will be enabled in next day or two. Generally recommend against product code switcheroo for NAM -> Euro etc... it *is* different HW internally.

Product codes between various Sing, Euro etc not that big of a deal... but NAM -> Euro... seems dangerous to me.

P

rdcinhou
01-07-2009, 10:57 PM
Got home from work and connected to the net...updated the Ovi Suite and then ran software update for my N97 NAM.

Hurrah! It says an update's available.

But then it says I don't have enough charge on my battery to run the update.

Can't this thing charge any faster?

rdcinhou
02-07-2009, 12:02 AM
Finally got enough battery charge to update...

Rebooted.

Facebook and Accuweather home screen widgets still stuck in "Loading content". Accuweather and Facebook run fine from the Application Menu but no updates to the Live Widgets. Web applet has "Unknown error" in RSS Feed pick.

Doesn't look like the Firmware update fixed a thing!

So....I did a backup to my F: drive (micro SD card) of everything EXCEPT bookmarks. Then I did a "hard reset" (*#7370#) to Factory Settings and restored the backup.

Facebook and Accuweather home screen widgets STILL STUCK!!!

RSS Feeds in Web applet still give an error!!!

I also browsed the phone with my PC in MASS STORAGE mode in the Private directories to see if I could figure out where the RSS feeds were being stored so that I could delete them.

I could not find them. Anyone have any ideas?