View Full Version : Runnin out of memory on the N97

barretta
30-06-2009, 04:00 PM
Hi all, is anyone else having a problem with the Phone Memory (C:) running out?

I'm noticing the behaviour in particular when I am trying to forward messages with an attachment from mailforexchange. This is backed up by the fact that I am only showing 3.2 Mb free. Mass Memory (E:) is fine, oodles of space there.

I don't remember MailForExchange giving me any options as to which disk it would like to use when I first set up mail, it just installed automatically when I gave it my email address (which was neat).

I do have quite a few contacts and SMS messages

If I go into File Manager and try and delete any random data from the phone memory, it shows very little of any consequence, even if I unhide system files (from windows using PC Suite)

phazlehurst
30-06-2009, 05:51 PM
You can set storage location for SMS and MFE.

1. Click on your inbox
2. Hit Back to go to "Messaging" menu
3. Options Menu
4. Settings
5. Other
6. "Memory in Use" : move it to E: Mass memory.

no equivalent that I can see for contacts or calendar :(

P

barretta
30-06-2009, 06:17 PM
Excellent, that helped a lot, I now have 20 MB of memory free. Thanks for your help.

Halon
30-06-2009, 11:46 PM
no equivalent that I can see for contacts or calendar :(

I agree, no Nokia phone I've had has the option.

I prefer my messages in mass memory / memory card so I can insist on keeping them ad infinitum, which is odd since I don't remember anyone ever sending me anything of any importance. But I suppose one day I may urgently need to know what time I told Chris I'd be in the pub 3 years ago. Anyway, if anyone has tried using the new Ovi Suite 2.0 I'm wondering if they, like me, have found that every time the messages sync with the PC the phone's chosen message memory has changed back to 'phone' from the other options?

Unplugged
02-07-2009, 06:22 PM
The trouble is Nokia never give you a way of moving messages BACK from mass memory to phone memory.

Such an option would make sense of course as it means you could back up your messages and nokia don't do sense.

Mike.mp
02-07-2009, 06:30 PM
Why would you move it back? Its located IN the phone, not on memory card. And if you got some important messages you can e-mail them to yourself :)