View Full Version : Criticisms of N97 from a new user

londoner888
30-06-2009, 12:00 AM
Well I bought a white N97 on Saturday, and I do love the look of it and the way in which the keyboard slides out.
Overally I am pleased with the phone and it's features (I came from a T-Mobile Touch Plus and Nokia 8800 Arte) and there are still ALOT of features I need to play with and get used to.

A few Apps that I like are the audio message reader, the drawing pad and the live homescreen.
It's cool how the screen auto-rotates and I like that that I no longer need to carry around my USB stick with me ;).

However there are also quite a few nigglies that I've experienced whilst using the phone and thought I'd list them.
Feel free to add to the list your own criticisms of the phone or whether you suffer from similar problems as mine:

1. Homescreen widgets occasionally crash... ie. Facebook and AccuWeather shows "Loading Content" but nothing happens.

2. Having to constantly slide the slider in order to unlock the phone is annoying. Especially when you receive a text. Many a times have I tapped "read" but then realise I have to slide the slider to unlock the phone and then press "show".

3. Touch screen vibrations become inconsistent when battery is low and makes a wierd scratching noise.

4. Internet (via network provider) is not as smooth as I'd like. There has been a few occassions when the page is "loading" but stays on 0kb, I've also experience times when a blank page is loaded or "that web gateway is invalid" message.

5. The slight pause/delay in opening certain apps. For example when you click on "new message" or going into the main menu from the homescreen.

6. Not being able to use the green button to pick up calls once the phone is locked.

Well that's it so far... I hope Nokia will sort these out in the upcoming update.
Other than that I do like the phone and can't wait for more live widgets to be developed for the device, especially MSN!!!

londoner888
30-06-2009, 12:04 AM
One more thing, why does YouTube on the N97 not show the thumbnail of the videos? It makes choosing videos a little more confusing.

YouTube on my Touch Plus showed the thumbnails.

Micky!
30-06-2009, 06:02 AM
Most, if not all of your issues, will no doubt be fixed in V11, which is due out 1st of July.

jim_0068
30-06-2009, 06:21 PM
strange, when i had my n97 it showed the thumbnails