View Full Version : Issue with the touch screen vibration

londoner888
29-06-2009, 01:57 PM
I bought a white N97 direct from the Nokia store in Regent Street, and it was fine until last night.

Basically I have an issue with the touch screen vibration.
At first it was working fine, ie everytime I pressed something it would vibrate gently to confirm my choice.

But yesterday after some presses, it missed a vibrate and instead made a wierd scratch like noise.
I noticed it got progressively worse as the battery depleted. Was on two bars then one bar.

I'm wondering whether low battery affects the vibration??or is my phone faulty and do I need to return it.:con?

jim_0068
29-06-2009, 06:17 PM
I had the same issue but it was intermittent; it would do it at times for a while and then fix itself.

Halon
29-06-2009, 10:30 PM
I had the misfortune to take a N80 apart once, which didn't end well. Anyway, seems the vibration is made by a small lump of metal turning on a tiny motor. Assuming this is also the case with the N97 it's possible there's a problem with the metal rubbing on something or the motor not receiving sufficient power when the battery is low.

seki
29-06-2009, 11:27 PM
for the profile you are using .. menu / settings / profile / pick the one (the current one is displayed top center) / personalise .. right check Touch Screen Vibration .. there are 3 levels and OFF

.. Also if you like me use Silent I think if you set Maximum ring volume it increases the vibration amount (but I haven't tested that theory) :)

I hope that is all it is for you. :)

Good Luck!

londoner888
29-06-2009, 11:32 PM
I had the misfortune to take a N80 apart once, which didn't end well. Anyway, seems the vibration is made by a small lump of metal turning on a tiny motor. Assuming this is also the case with the N97 it's possible there's a problem with the metal rubbing on something or the motor not receiving sufficient power when the battery is low.

Thanks for the insight.
I charged my phone fully this morning and the touch vibration seemed to be working as normal with no skipping (touch wood) so it seems your theory that there is not enough power to turn the motor seems a very likely cause.