View Full Version : how to add an application to widget add content options in nokia n97

shivi4
24-06-2009, 04:41 PM
i downloaded an widget from ovi store in n97 mass memory ,but i cant find that widget in add content in home screen options

but i find the same widget in application,so how to add that widget to home screen

zxon
24-06-2009, 05:02 PM
This suggests that the widget hasn't been written to work on the main screen. There's a file in every widget that identifies what it is, how it can be used, and declares whether it needs a network connection or not. There's an option within this file that enables or disables MiniView (this is what makes it work on the homescreen). If it isn't declared, it's disabled by default.

However, developers are urged to make their widgets compatible with the homescreen, so maybe soon enough there'll be an update that will include this :)

shivi4
25-06-2009, 03:56 AM
this widget is a offcial widget downloaded from ovi store

the name of the widget is india today .but i cannot add this as widget from application folder .

if its widget then it should by default in add content options in homescreen

nottmbantam
25-06-2009, 08:57 AM
Yeah, I downloaded the Guardian news widget ( thinking I could display it on the home screen ) but when I go to edit Home Screen, the Gaurdian widget doesn't show up in Applications, even though I it installed in the Applications Folder?

Didn't want the AP news widget - anyone know if there is a CNN or even Sky News widget?

zxon
25-06-2009, 09:00 AM
if its widget then it should by default in add content options in homescreen
I'm afraid it's not as simple as that, as I've been finding recently when trying to make my own widgets. Most of the time they have to be specifically designed to display content differently when they're shown on the homescreen. If they haven't, then you just see the first centimeter of the main content. This may be alright for some widgets but, for example, if it was the Facebook widget, all you'd see is a thick blue bar with a "log out" button on it.

shivi4
25-06-2009, 09:34 AM
my point is if we cant add widget downloaded from ovi store then why are they calling it widget ,how its is different from other application .

widget by defination should appear in homescreen menu ,if we cant does this mean only preloaded widgets will appear on home screen

or there is some way to add widget install in application folder to home screen