View Full Version : what happens to ovi Store purchases if you have to do a hard reset on your phone?

capitaine
22-06-2009, 08:47 PM
what happens to ovi Store purchases if you have to do a hard reset on your phone? How do you re-install your purchases?

zxon
22-06-2009, 09:13 PM
If you log back onto the Ovi store on your phone with your username and password, you can go to the "My Apps" section where it shows you a history of the items you've downloaded from the store. I've not actually bought anything yet, but I can only assume you can re-download your paid-for apps from here without having to pay again.

Hooksym
23-06-2009, 01:08 AM
If you log back onto the Ovi store on your phone with your username and password, you can go to the "My Apps" section where it shows you a history of the items you've downloaded from the store. I've not actually bought anything yet, but I can only assume you can re-download your paid-for apps from here without having to pay again.

If you can in the UK OVI store, that's great, but you certainly can't in the US OVI store. It will list your purchases, but you wil have to pay again if you want to download again.

I highly recommend you go straight to the developers or someplace like Handango to buy apps.

capitaine
23-06-2009, 01:42 PM
well as it turned out, I'd installed the app on the memory card, so after the hard-reset the phone just picked it up from the mem card

In the store itself (on the phone), the 'My Stuff' tab does not even list the app I bought previously..!!

Soony
23-06-2009, 03:22 PM
Go to Nokia Support Forum, they can help you with that. Lots of people have left their support needed and got a new link to download the software