View Full Version : cant see old images

spirit44
20-06-2009, 12:44 PM
hi everyone

i put my old memory card into the phone. Did format. then took a photo which saved onto the card. This created a camera folder and i put all old photos from my n95 into there. Only prob is when i go into photos it only has the ones taken and saved on phone, none from memory card. Anyone managed to do this?

Thanks in advance

zxon
20-06-2009, 12:52 PM
I have a similar problem with the movies I made for it from my DVD collection. Only about half of the videos show under Video and TV. I can see them all when I use the file manager, and can successfully open them, but no success in videos & tv.

I'm sure there's a very good reason.

Biggzy
20-06-2009, 12:54 PM
I have a similar problem with the movies I made for it from my DVD collection. Only about half of the videos show under Video and TV. I can see them all when I use the file manager, and can successfully open them, but no success in videos & tv.

I'm sure there's a very good reason.

im sure there is also, prob a bug lol

spirit44
20-06-2009, 12:57 PM
i had similar prob with videos but restarted phone and all vids showed up and play fine. Before that they showed in "videos" but errored when i tried to play them

zxon
20-06-2009, 01:54 PM
Now I'm a little confused. I removed all the films and uploaded one that didn't show up before. Sure enough, Videos & TV found it and it worked brilliantly BUT it kept showing all the other films that were on the device before (??). Its as if it has the limited ability to refresh x number of videos when they've been added but not remove those that are no longer there.

I checked the settings and it shows this is v1.0, so I wonder if this is something that can be upgraded via SW Update when Nokia iron out the bugs, without having to reflash the firmware.

Biggzy
20-06-2009, 02:04 PM
Now I'm a little confused. I removed all the films and uploaded one that didn't show up before. Sure enough, Videos & TV found it and it worked brilliantly BUT it kept showing all the other films that were on the device before (??). Its as if it has the limited ability to refresh x number of videos when they've been added but not remove those that are no longer there.

I checked the settings and it shows this is v1.0, so I wonder if this is something that can be upgraded via SW Update when Nokia iron out the bugs, without having to reflash the firmware.

in the n97s menu you should have an app called app update, run that as there may be some app updates, not sure if this will be one of them but its worth a try

zxon
20-06-2009, 02:18 PM
in the n97s menu you should have an app called app update, run that as there may be some app updates, not sure if this will be one of them but its worth a try
I don't see "app update" but I see "SW Update" (which I mentioned earlier). All that had was Nokia Messaging 10.0, which I downloaded.

nottmbantam
22-06-2009, 08:49 AM
I was similarly confused. Took the memory card out of the N95, slotted it into the N97. Music and videos showed up in the right places, but when going into Photo's, could ( at first ) see my old images.

Then found them in the 'Downloads' folder in the 'Photo's' menu, shows all my old pics and from there can zoom, send etc etc. First time it scans all the images into the folder, second time round, they are there ready to view.

BanziBarn
23-06-2009, 03:26 PM
I have the same problem.

It won't show old photos, but won't show new ones either!

The photos I take are put in the right folder and I can view them from file manager, but in the Photo's app it just says 'No Items'.

:con? Do you think I need to do a reset?

Thanks for any advice :)