View Full Version : Nokia Ovi Suite - Failed. Network Error.

rdcinhou
19-06-2009, 09:47 PM
I figured out that my problem must be that I should be using Nokia Ovi Suite instead of Nokia PC Suite to edit my contacts on the phone.

However, after downloading and running the Ovi Suite Installer, I keep getting "Failed. Network Error".

Anyone else having this problem?

seki
19-06-2009, 10:05 PM
version 7.1.26 talks to all my Nokia phones happily .. I can edit my contacts using it while the N97 is connected.

I haven't bothered trying to sync my contacts through OVI .. might get around to it at some stage.

zxon
19-06-2009, 10:34 PM
I've seen this happen. You need to turn off your anti-virus and firewall before running the installation.

rdcinhou
20-06-2009, 11:09 AM
Thanks, Zxon...it was my Norton Internet Security apparently even though the security log said it was detecting and permitting it.

Turned off all NIS2009 protection and Ovi Suite installed.

Now, big disappointment...Ovi Suite does NOT have a Contacts editing feature like PC Suite does.

Does this mean that I have to use Outlook or Outlook Express just to be able to edit my N97 contacts on my PC?!?

rdcinhou
21-06-2009, 08:29 PM
Okay here's an update (I was out-of-town for Father's Day)....

The problem: Migrating contact data from my Nokia 9300 to my N97 NAM.

1. Use PC Suite to get my 9300 Contacts sent to Microsoft Outlook. Thumbnail photos came over intact. PC Suite can't save graphic and "abnormal" field data from Outlook to my N97, but it's a start.

2. Successfully installed Ovi Suite after disabling Norton Internet Security 2009 only to find that Ovi Suite doesn't allow remote editing.

3. Discovered that I can edit each contact in Outlook and can right-click the thumbnail photo and then switch to a photo application to save to disk. These will then be copied to my N97 where I will have to hand-select each one to insert into my 100+ contacts.

Kind of a kludge solution, but it beats having to find all of the old photos that I'd used and re-crop each and every one of them.