View Full Version : N-Gage games now available through Ovi Store

Tzer2
18-06-2009, 01:30 AM
Promised some time ago, N-Gage games have finally been made available through Ovi Store, in the form of free trials which can be unlocked into full versions through an in-game purchase or rental option. Although Ovi Store and N-Gage remain separate brands right now, it might make sense for Nokia to merge them, as discussed below.

Read on in the full article (http://www.allaboutngage.com/news/item/9945_N-Gage_games_now_available_thr.php).

viipottaja
18-06-2009, 01:08 PM
Cannot see any on my N82 Ovi Store here in the US yet.

What do you mean by a merger, other than having them on sale on Ovi Store (as well)?

Hopefully the Ovi Store games categories will be amended to inlcude "N-Gage" so that its easier to find them (the assumption being that they are a bit higher standard generally, include more online play etc. so that one actually would want to screen them out from among the other games).

Tzer2
18-06-2009, 02:38 PM
Viipottaja, try going to the front page (store.ovi.com) on your PC and select "all phones", then select the link in the article.

I don't know which phones they've deployed this on, and they may have only deployed this in certain countries, but CJ (on zomgitscj.com) managed to get these visible on his device in India.

By merging I mean that N-Gage games would be sold alongside other Ovi Store titles with N-Gage just referring to the Arena features rather than trying to be an entire separate platform. I would change the N-Gage name too, as it's misleading people into thinking these games only work on old gaming phones (you still see stock photos of the original N-gage used to accompany media coverage of the new platform).

I suspect Nokia's up to something as Ovi Mail's shortcut bar has a link to "games.ovi.com" which redirects to N-Gage.com. Will we see N-Gage renamed Ovi Games perhaps?